caddman97
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Exporting to RCP with Cyclone 360

Post by caddman97 »

How big is too big to export to RCP from Cyclone 360? I have had issues with 550 scan positions and some in the 150 scan position range. Is there another method to export to RCP without going through the e57 process?

When exporting I get to 75% or so and everything stalls. I have plenty of hard drive space for Temp files and the converted files. Can't figure out what is happening to prevent it.

Have Cyclone Register 360 2022.1 version.

Thanks for the help.

Jason
nlefebvre
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Nathan
Company Details: Engineering Consulting
Company Position Title: Mechanical Designer

Re: Exporting to RCP with Cyclone 360

Post by nlefebvre »

When the program stalls is there any activity on any of the storage drives you have or the CPU?

I have had in the past where the program appears to stall, but there is still activity on the disk drives. I just waited longer, and it eventually finished. I have had some exports to .rcp take multiple days (in some cases over 4 days). Not sure what it is doing in the background where it appears stalled, but must be doing something.
caddman97
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Re: Exporting to RCP with Cyclone 360

Post by caddman97 »

nlefebvre wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:51 pm When the program stalls is there any activity on any of the storage drives you have or the CPU?

I have had in the past where the program appears to stall, but there is still activity on the disk drives. I just waited longer, and it eventually finished. I have had some exports to .rcp take multiple days (in some cases over 4 days). Not sure what it is doing in the background where it appears stalled, but must be doing something.
Yes there is some activity on the CPU. For being a multi-threaded program. (from what I have been told) it sure doesn't use it all when it has the ability to.

So there is hope. Thank you. I am not patient sometimes and click cancel.

Thank you again for the help.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”