I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Johnny Murray
Company Details: Anna Valley
Company Position Title: Senior Project Manager

BLK360 Workflow

Post by johnnymurray »

Hi All

Have recently moved companies and looking into incorporating a BLK360 into our lives! Had one at my previous company and had someone on PC who would be responsible for registering the scan data and importing into Vectorworks. Everything appears to be very PC based from my search and I wanted to ask what software people are using when running Mac? Currently running a 16" M1 Pro 32GB Mac and would like to use this for registering scans & importing to Vectorworks. Is the best option really Cyclone running in Parallels?

Look forward to hearing what people are using!
kaz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: K Larsen
Company Details: Frozien Ltd
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: BLK360 Workflow

Post by kaz »

Well - I can't speak for Cyclone on Parallels via M1 MacBook.

But I do have BLK3D - and Leica's software does - as THE ONLY ONE I have found - NOT install on Parallels on M1 MacBook.

Even the latest June 2022 release does not install despite I reported the issue in when the MBP M1 Max got released 6+ months ago.

The reason is Leica is using a very old "installer builder" that is not ARM aware. When Win 11 ARM on MacBook see an attempt at installing the Visual Studio Extensions x64 or x86 - Microsoft "auto-redirects" the installer to download and install the ARM Visual Studio Extensions. But the Installer builder then uses an old method to check if VS Extensions got installed - so installation fails every single time - just because of that.

If Leica is using the same old installer builder for Cyclone - result will be the same. No installations on ARM Windows machines.

If Leica spent the money and updated !! the software they use to build the "installer" - all problems could go away with about 2 button presses.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”