I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Stephen
Company Details: McElhanney
Company Position Title: ---
Linkedin Profile: Yes

360 Photos in Navisworks/Model

Post by sgc-eire »

Hi All,

I have a question I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a point cloud of an area using the BLK2GO, I have 360 photos taken with a camera at various locations and heights.
The client wants to view the photos in navisworks (similar to truview). I can generate a sphere in navisworks and attach a hyperlink to the cloud where the 360 photos are stored and that's fine.

I'm just trying to make it I can click directly on the sphere or something instead of right clicking on sphere and navigating to the hyperlink. The link also generates a logo on the sphere that doesn't look great.

Hopefully that makes sense, any insights or recommendations would be great.

Cheers
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: 360 Photos in Navisworks/Model

Post by Kruse »

The CloudWorx Plugins for Autodesk apps (Navisworks Manage included!) have that ability to open up your Truviewer while flying through the model. You can go into the setups and see an overlay of the scan imagery with the model I believe. I don't use that feature all that much to be honest.

Another option would be to open the LGS file in Leica TruViewer and import the IFC models in there. As long as they have the same coordinate system, they should populate in the correct location and no adjustments needed. There you can see the model overlay with the point cloud from either the bundle cloud view, setup cloud view, or through the imagery of the scanner. It actually works pretty well, but I think the bigger concern is the size of model you're working with. I have only used that feature with smaller IFC models.

Lastly, an option we use extensively for the purpose you described is through Cintoo Cloud. It's another web based service where you can upload models and/or link through BIM 360, upload your scan data, setups, images, etc. and as long as everything is in the same coordinate system, they will all populate in the correct position. You can fly through the BIM Models, point cloud, and double click on the setup locations to jump into the scanner imagery. Cintoo has some amazing tools as well for viewing options to compare the point cloud to the BIM Models.

Depending on your needs and if you aren't planning on purchasing any other licenses/software, that might limit this ability. Using Leica's TruView app and utilizing IFC models is the only "free" option I listed. Hopefully that give you a little insight.

Return to “General Chat”