I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: manak lal jain
Company Details: SGSITS Indore
Company Position Title: Professor
Skype Name: mlj_india
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Looking for new scanner

Post by mljain »

Mike Annear wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:51 pm I have just purchased a Creality Scan Lizard for my own 3D scanning and modelling projects.
Very cheap and apparently works without targets, in broad daylight and on black objects.
Creality claim 0.05mm accuracy...
https://www.creality.com/goods-detail/c ... can-lizard

I am still waiting for delivery, but will post some updates once I have tested it out.
Apparently Creality is in a court battle with Creaform over breaches of copyright.

We use a Creaform GoSCAN Spark here at my work, it is very accurate, even on large (boat sized) objects, but requires targets.

Mike.
I (9827007067) will be more happy if you can give me rough estimate of its cost /price to me under which you have ordered it at: [email protected]
javier sainz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: javier sainz
Company Details: fabrocam
Company Position Title: tech dept

Post by javier sainz »

I don't believe in the creality cr lizard, just like the creality cr scanner, on paper they promise a lot, but in the end they don't live up to the expectations.

Creality doesn't develop their scanners, they outsource them to other Chinese manufacturers, and they sell their product on the global market (revopoint), so they don't create devices as good as theirs.

It is more than funny to see how the measurements are falsified in the paid reviews on youtube.

To think that someone is giving us, free of charge, for little money, a technology comparable to that of manufacturers who make more reliable and much more expensive devices, is like the scene in the monty phyton movie, when the governor of rome asks the soldier if he finds it laughable.

And in this case at least it seems soImage
mljain
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by mljain »

javier sainz wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:52 am I don't believe in the creality cr lizard, just like the creality cr scanner, on paper they promise a lot, but in the end they don't live up to the expectations.

Creality doesn't develop their scanners, they outsource them to other Chinese manufacturers, and they sell their product on the global market (revopoint), so they don't create devices as good as theirs.

It is more than funny to see how the measurements are falsified in the paid reviews on youtube.

To think that someone is giving us, free of charge, for little money, a technology comparable to that of manufacturers who make more reliable and much more expensive devices, is like the scene in the monty phyton movie, when the governor of rome asks the soldier if he finds it laughable.

And in this case at least it seems soImage
Thanks. Today I see the reviews, but found that most of them are not good. I understand that in low cost how they are giving 0.05 mm resolution. Review say that software is not cooperating much most of the time & Co. presently re-processing it & presently the delivery of this item is suffering. But it is good to see the actual user's view of our group who will soon going to use it. Even if it perform good upto some extent then atleast it is good for school kids or for some selected applications
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mike Annear
Company Details: The Yard Brisbane
Company Position Title: Manager - 3D Design and Scanning

Post by Mike Annear »

I will be getting mine for about $500 Aussie Dollaroos,
If the scanner does even half of what they say it will, it will still be a useful tool.
I have access to far more accurate scanners at my work, this one is for hobby stuff at home.
Lets face it, Creality wouldnt be the first 3D scanner manufacturer to lie about their products capabilities :)
I have a couple of Creality 3D printers, they are very well made and work perfectly. Their support has also been great.
I will let you know more once it arrives and I have tested it.
Mike
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
mljain
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by mljain »

Mike Annear wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:09 pm I will be getting mine for about $500 Aussie Dollaroos,
If the scanner does even half of what they say it will, it will still be a useful tool.
I have access to far more accurate scanners at my work, this one is for hobby stuff at home.
Lets face it, Creality wouldnt be the first 3D scanner manufacturer to lie about their products capabilities :)
I have a couple of Creality 3D printers, they are very well made and work perfectly. Their support has also been great.
Mike
Thanks and awating your response after using it.
javier sainz
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: javier sainz
Company Details: fabrocam
Company Position Title: tech dept

Post by javier sainz »

Mike Annear wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:09 pm I will be getting mine for about $500 Aussie Dollaroos,
Mike
I understand what your objective is, but after testing and participating in the kicstarter campaign I would like to give you my modest impressions.

If your purpose is to use it as a hobby device, it is totally legitimate, but this is not the case in most cases. Many want to go further, to charge for certain services, where at least a minimum quality has to be provided.

As in the world of 3D printers, the democratisation of technology does not mean that the adopter knows what he is talking about.

It opens a dangerous door for anyone to claim to know about 3D scanning, and for certain customers to start commenting that the service provided is very expensive, regardless of their knowledge and quality.

The majority of buyers, even in a group in Spain, is for professional use as if it were an artec spider or similar. Nobody gives away cutting-edge technology for 20 times less cost, that's just the way it is.

The software works badly, and it is very difficult to make alignments on medium sized objects.

In small objects there is no problem, but the level of detail is not the one suggested by the brand, if that is good enough for you, perfect.

But it already happened with the first version CRscan 01, there are pages of second hand, buyers selling the devices because they do not reach where creality said they would arrive, keep in mind that certain processes are done in the cloud of creality, which opens the door to pay-as-you-go in the future, and to have a library of objects, as tesla has it of cities.

As I said in my previous post, just because a brand makes a good product, doesn't mean that this one is the same.

That for 130 euros you have an ender, does not mean that it is better than a prusa, or a stratasys. It is cheaper but better is questionable.

Look for information on the complaint of software plagiarism and patent infringement by artec to creality and let's see what happens in the future.

Thank you for this very pleasant conversation in which we see different points of view.
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Mike Annear »

Just an update,
It looks like Creality has won their courtcase against Artec (sorry, I think I wrote Creaform previously)
I now have a shipping number for the Creality Scan Lizard so I should be able to give you a proper review shortly.
We have a Creaform Go!SCAN at work, I will see if I can do some side by side scans when I get back to work.
I am at home recovering from spinal surgery at the moment.
Mike.
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

I haven't been following the saga to closely, but isn't it less a case of Creality winning as it is them simply abandoning their operations in the jurisdiction (USA) where Artec was able to sue them for IP theft?

My limited info is just from reading through a couple of the Reddit threads about it, but the whole thing seems super sketchy.
Jed
Mike Annear
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Mike Annear »

The scanners are being deilivered worldwide, I will pick mine up this afternoon.
Some of the results that people are getting straight out of the box are pretty impressive.
I have attached some images from the Creality CR Scan Lizard Owners webpage ....
Remember, this is a sub $1000 scanner in the hands of amateurs...

youtu.be/uiGr3eb87vk

Regards,
Mike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Annear
www.mikeannear.com
QLD, Australia.
ProCro
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Nino Skupnjak
Company Details: SKIMI64
Company Position Title: procurator

Post by ProCro »