Taglabs sphere remover settings, what do you use?

To chat about anything else.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Taglabs sphere remover settings, what do you use?

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Hi everyone. I am lacking confidence into using some of the settings on the sphere remover app. What would be a good rule of thumb setting I should use for
-''position deviation''
-''scan point distance''
-''scan point drift''
Sphere remover settings.png
To me they all sound the same, what is the difference between all 3 settings and what would be a good value to use to have an accurate sphere and clean out some bad players?

I first run the ATS quality manager ''find missing references'' at 1.5mm ''maximum point distance error'' what ever that is, then I use taglabs with the 81 point number to distance filter my 145mm spheres, and 23m to distance filter my 200mm spheres.

For the record I use a lot of spheres in my projects, I used 32 spheres on my last project with 2 scanners, my scans see a lot of spheres (usually 10-12 each). I also make sure they all have at least 3 spheres link using ATS quality manager after cleaning out spheres. I just like to swarm a corridor I am scanning with a lot of spheres and focus on moving scans instead of moving spheres all the time. So my scans detect spheres that are far/less accurate,I want to keep only the good ones.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Re: Taglabs sphere remover settings, what do you use?

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

Hi
For whom it may interest, I have started using the default values for the app for the 3 settings I was questioning about and have gotten noticeable better registration. See picture bellow;
settings.png
However, does anyone know what those settings actually mean and how they differ?
''position deviation''
''scan point distance''
''scan point drift''
and in ATS quality manager
''maximum point distance error''

Any input is appreciated,

thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scankukai
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scan ku kaï
Company Details: Scankukai
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Taglabs sphere remover settings, what do you use?

Post by scankukai »

Hello,

We developed this plugin.

We have listed the values that Faro displays in the sphere detection properties, but do not have a detailed explanation of each value.
Personally, I use the following values:
- number of points: 36,
- position deviation: 2mm.

So I only keep the spheres with more than 36 points, and whose position deviation is less than 2mm.

Return to “General Chat”