TLS Equipment Target Pole

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
MagicBrou
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Julian Weber
Company Details: Stadt Reutlingen
Company Position Title: director of engineering surveying

TLS Equipment Target Pole

Post by MagicBrou »

Hey guys,

i am searching for Target poles like in the picture attached.

Its just an illustration i did fastly in paint but the benefit would be that you can use these poles for totalstation work and you can scan afterwards without stiwching the equipment.

Do you guys know if there is something like this on the market?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician

Re: TLS Equipment Target Pole

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

This current order does not exist in a sphere format, but you could use a 5/8 to M8 adapter and screw the sphere on top of the prism. Then just figure out the distance from the sphere to the prism
Or you could do this instead;
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/L ... m-diameter
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/S ... ut-support
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/R ... ular-level
1.4m pole with a reference prism with a Sphere. Reduces the XY error between the prism and the sphere from the levelling of the pole.
tadol
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tad Laird
Company Details: Koppa Target Spheres
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by tadol »

Well - I don't offer it as a pre-made assembly, but I have made 150mm and 200mm target spheres thru-drilled that center on a ½" rod. They have been used much like my trajectory targets, or set-up in a kind of plumb-bob arrangement with a fixed spacing, so you'd have a reference distance and plumb alignment in your data.

I also have a mini prism assembly, that aligns the center point of the prism with the center point of either a 150 or 200mm target. It mounts with either a ⅝" thread, a magnetic attachment, or a self-aligning cup mount. So with these 2 parts, you could very easily and inexpensively build a very similar rig.

My thought would be to just get some extra poles, and leave the mini-prism assembly attached to one, and set it up on your reference point, shoot it, then replace it with another pole with a target on top. As long as you keep everything plumb, it would give you pretty good accuracy.

But my approach is to set-up the simple tripods I sell, with their blue disc on top, and use the self-aligning cup mounts , and set the prism on top, read it, then lift it off and put the target on. That eliminates the effort to keep everything plumb, makes for a very fast switchover between prism and target, and is extremely inexpensive.

If you'd like to work on building something that would work well in your workflow, get in touch and I'd be happy to see what parts I can help you with -

Tad
http://www.KoppaTargets.com
Inexpensive Laser Scanning Targets & Accessories
for Architecture, Engineering, & Forensics
"We're right on targets!"
MagicBrou
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by MagicBrou »

Can you send Pictures of your Setup? Sounds very interesting!
tadol wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:32 pm Well - I don't offer it as a pre-made assembly, but I have made 150mm and 200mm target spheres thru-drilled that center on a ½" rod. They have been used much like my trajectory targets, or set-up in a kind of plumb-bob arrangement with a fixed spacing, so you'd have a reference distance and plumb alignment in your data.

I also have a mini prism assembly, that aligns the center point of the prism with the center point of either a 150 or 200mm target. It mounts with either a ⅝" thread, a magnetic attachment, or a self-aligning cup mount. So with these 2 parts, you could very easily and inexpensively build a very similar rig.

My thought would be to just get some extra poles, and leave the mini-prism assembly attached to one, and set it up on your reference point, shoot it, then replace it with another pole with a target on top. As long as you keep everything plumb, it would give you pretty good accuracy.

But my approach is to set-up the simple tripods I sell, with their blue disc on top, and use the self-aligning cup mounts , and set the prism on top, read it, then lift it off and put the target on. That eliminates the effort to keep everything plumb, makes for a very fast switchover between prism and target, and is extremely inexpensive.

If you'd like to work on building something that would work well in your workflow, get in touch and I'd be happy to see what parts I can help you with -

Tad
MagicBrou
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by MagicBrou »

Thanks man thats a great Idea with this Adapter 👍👍👍
Leandre Robitaille wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 pm This current order does not exist in a sphere format, but you could use a 5/8 to M8 adapter and screw the sphere on top of the prism. Then just figure out the distance from the sphere to the prism
Or you could do this instead;
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/L ... m-diameter
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/S ... ut-support
https://shop.laserscanning-europe.com/R ... ular-level
1.4m pole with a reference prism with a Sphere. Reduces the XY error between the prism and the sphere from the levelling of the pole.
Dave Andrews
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dave Andrews
Company Details: R.E. Warner Associates Inc.
Company Position Title: 3d Scanning Coordinator
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Dave Andrews »

98EC4EA1-6F1D-49C5-9241-1F589E4E1E29.jpeg
I use this setup on tripods and poles. Works great, just put a negative in the height for the DC. These are some well used spheres from Tad as well.

DA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
Woody Hayes
MagicBrou
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by MagicBrou »

Nice Trick!

But it would bei more accurate of the Prism is on top of the sphere to avoid Extrapolation. But there ist No solution der :)
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sim.herrod »

We use these. They work well, and are easily adaptable to mount on different threads/magnetic bases.
Dave Andrews
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dave Andrews
Company Details: R.E. Warner Associates Inc.
Company Position Title: 3d Scanning Coordinator
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Dave Andrews »

MagicBrou wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:46 pm Nice Trick!

But it would bei more accurate of the Prism is on top of the sphere to avoid Extrapolation. But there ist No solution der :)
You are correct. I will say, the tribrach is a high accuracy tribrach that is leveled to .5mm and has a rotating eye plummet. I also rarely see issues above 3-4 mm, typically within the Faro scanner specs of 2mm. If I need better than 2-4mm I just break out the Laser Tracker! :D
"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
Woody Hayes
MagicBrou
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts

Post by MagicBrou »

Sounds good enough 😺!
For what Kind of surveys do you use lasertracker ans how you use it for Laserscanning?

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”