Faro X330 " No data received from scanner. Scannig will not be possible.Please restart the scanner.

Discuss all FARO related issues here.
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Forte and Tablada
Company Position Title: somniator
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Faro X330 " No data received from scanner. Scannig will not be possible.Please restart the scanner.

Post by jcoco3 »

:lol: good point, but that wouldn't be as much fun as flying back and doing the same project twice now would it? :roll:
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro X330 " No data received from scanner. Scannig will not be possible.Please restart the scanner.

Post by jedfrechette »

Don't mind me, my expectations are clearly way to high. :oops:
Jed
ysntsn
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Yasin TOSUN
Company Details: HYSurvey
Company Position Title: Engineering

Post by ysntsn »

max72 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:38 pm From the picture the scanner is not detecting the SD card. Did you try changing SD card?
Massimo
Yes we tried. But when i hold down the start stop button on the scanner it scans and saves to the sd card.

I'll update the software if I can login to the menu.

I have been using it for 8 years, I have not seen anything like this.
ysntsn
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Yasin TOSUN
Company Details: HYSurvey
Company Position Title: Engineering

Post by ysntsn »

LPaulCook wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:39 pm I have never seen that happen.

Maybe you need to reinstall the operating system then install the firmware but I have no idea how to do that.... maybe a computer repair shop can help you. What the heck.. the next option is to ship it in for repairs anyway....

Good luck to you!!
:// I didnt see it too.

It's interesting that no one has ever happened to you before.

we sent a video to the technical service, but they do not show the necessary attention. The easiest solution for them is to send them to the service.

I think they should be more helpful with remote control
dr32
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: dan
Company Details: dr vfx
Company Position Title: director

Post by dr32 »

I have exactly the same problem with a Faro X330. I'm also trying to update the firmware to hopefully alleviate this however it's just told me it cannot read the SD card and also now I am having it tell me "No data received from the scanner. Scanning will not be possible. Please restart the scanner."

Let me know how you get on. I have already tried a firmware update and failed on the second install required.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

dr32 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 pm I have exactly the same problem with a Faro X330. I'm also trying to update the firmware to hopefully alleviate this however it's just told me it cannot read the SD card and also now I am having it tell me "No data received from the scanner. Scanning will not be possible. Please restart the scanner."

Let me know how you get on. I have already tried a firmware update and failed on the second install required.
Support from Faro isn't helping much i presume or aren't you on maintenance?
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “FARO”