RGB in Grayscale

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
mrhunt
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Michael H
Company Details: CFM
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

RGB in Grayscale

Post by mrhunt »

When I import a PTX file, the point cloud and real views are in grayscale, not color. I checked the PTX file in 3dreshaper and the color is there, for some reason now Recap will not import with color. I tried exporting an .e57 from the same project and the color is imported into Recap. I updated Recap to the latest version and I get the same issue. I have imported PTX files previously without this issue, not sure what changed.
RSteffen
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Richard Steffen PhD
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: RGB in Grayscale

Post by RSteffen »

Hi,

because we are also struggle sometimes with import files due to software vendors not fullfil the format specs properly, please provide your PTX file and the software name exported it. We can check this file fullfil the specs.
You can also try to download the test version of PointCab, import your PTX (check Color is available) and export to Recap RCP directly and check that file in Recap.

best regards,
Richard
mrhunt
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Michael H
Company Details: CFM
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Re: RGB in Grayscale

Post by mrhunt »

Sorry I didnt see your reply. I cannot share files due to our companies security policy. I am working on another project today and I get the same results. I tried exporting an .e57 file which indeed does include colors but it seems to be missing setups. It is still registering so I will wait until it completes. Anyone else experiencing PTX files importing without scan colors?

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”