No_H36
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Noah Hanft
Company Details: Ohio State University CDME
Company Position Title: Student Research Associate

Romer Absolute Arm scanning small objects

Post by No_H36 »

I'm very new to this technology, so sorry if this is a basic question. I'm attempting to scan small 3d printed test parts, with square bases, broken with a tensile test to find the cross sectional area. When I'm scanning it, the corners show up with extra material than is actually there. The extra material is in the same plane as the sides of the sample, extending past the actual corner (The cross section essentially looks like the image below). If I scan directly on the corner it shows up fine, however because the samples are so small, the laser picks up some of the other corners as well on the scan leading to the problem at hand. I was wondering if there was any way to rectify this problem. Can you customize it to decrease the scanning distance? I know this is possible for the Faro arm but I didn't see a setting for it on PolyWorks 2017. Or is this just an issue that needs to be fixed in post processing?
UntitledPic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunLake
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Alex
Company Details: E Engineering
Company Position Title: Quality Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Romer Absolute Arm scanning small objects

Post by GunLake »

to change the settings of the arm, You'll need to look under RDS control panel.

Return to “PolyWorks”