Using Cyclone Modelspace in Cloudworx

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Using Cyclone Modelspace in Cloudworx

Post by dineshkimraj »

Good day all
So we have a computer that imports and processes the scanned data and hosts the Leica Licenses. The other computers are connected to it and gets their licenses and Jetstream this way. So my question is, can a remote computer get access to my cyclone database through cloudworx, similar to Jetstream? When we use that option we can only see the cyclone database on the local computer.

stutosney
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stuart Tosney
Company Details: Vitruvius Ltd
Company Position Title: Lead Surveyor

Re: Using Cyclone Modelspace in Cloudworx

Post by stutosney »

dineshkimraj wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Good day all
So we have a computer that imports and processes the scanned data and hosts the Leica Licenses. The other computers are connected to it and gets their licenses and Jetstream this way. So my question is, can a remote computer get access to my cyclone database through cloudworx, similar to Jetstream? When we use that option we can only see the cyclone database on the local computer.
I am intrigued by this as well. In the Cyclone home screen, you can change the Server by right clicking and selecting 'Add'. I haven't tried it myself as everything is on my PC and don't have another to connect too!

dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dineshkimraj »

stutosney wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:46 pm
dineshkimraj wrote:
Good day all
I am intrigued by this as well. In the Cyclone home screen, you can change the Server by right clicking and selecting 'Add'. I haven't tried it myself as everything is on my PC and don't have another to connect too!
Great I'll be trying that.

dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dineshkimraj »

stutosney wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:46 pm
dineshkimraj wrote:
Good day all
So I tried this, but when I entered the host server's name (also tried the server ip address) I got an error saying that I did not get permission to add the server. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

mwb
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Mark Benjamin
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: QA Manager

Post by mwb »

You need to purchase a Cyclone client-server license to enable this functionality.

Regards,
Mark

Return to “Leica Geosystems”