cyclone360 registration import into cyclone?

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
npara
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Scott Nelson
Company Details: Nelson Parametrics Inc
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

cyclone360 registration import into cyclone?

Post by npara » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi,

I have a project from our RTC360 registered in cyclone360. I have data from the same site from our P40 registered in cyclone. I want to merge these two registrations. But I'm not seeing how I can imported the registration itself into cyclone? I see how to import the RTC360 project data, but that's starting over. Is there a method to do this, or do I need to export something from cyclone360 to make this work? I want the targets in the RTC360 project to come over as well ideally.

Thanks,

geomontgomery
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Re: cyclone360 registration import into cyclone?

Post by geomontgomery » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:15 am

If you've published the registration, then when you import the reg 360 registration into Cyclone it should come in registered.

What you import should look something like this
ImageImage

npara
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Scott Nelson
Company Details: Nelson Parametrics Inc
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by npara » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi Geomontgomery,

Thanks for that information - worked well. Looks different on my end as all the scans are in folders but it imported fine.

I'm trying now to see how I can align P40 data with RTC360 data via targets. Obviously all the RTC360 targets were created on import and are unnamed. But in the import I can only see the vertices in each scans indiviual modelspace. The finalized registration contains no verts. I'd also like to constrain without having to ID the targets as this would be time consuming. Any insight into this type of workflow? We are just experimenting now on merging datasets in this way and havn't found a lot of documentation on it.

Thanks,

geomontgomery
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Post by geomontgomery » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Someone else might be able to suggest a workflow within Cyclone Register to accomplish what you requested, but my preference would be instead to take your P40 data and put it into Register 360 to merge it with the RTC360 data. There you can certainly avoid naming each target - the visual feedback will show you the targets that are being utilized for registration and which ones are not.

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 am

geomontgomery wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:19 pm
Someone else might be able to suggest a workflow within Cyclone Register to accomplish what you requested, but my preference would be instead to take your P40 data and put it into Register 360 to merge it with the RTC360 data. There you can certainly avoid naming each target - the visual feedback will show you the targets that are being utilized for registration and which ones are not.
I've tried both workflows and prefer the one George promotes. (But I'm not a Cyclone Master). We cut our teeth on Cyclone for two years and ultimately purchased Register 360 for registration.
By exporting the fully registered P40 Cyclone job as an E57 (multisetup job) and importing it as pre-registered into Register 360 creates two bundles in your sitemap. Then using common identifiable points in overlapping scans from either or visual registration, joining first a scan from each registration bundle and adding more links as desired

Return to “Leica Geosystems”