Heatmap

Discuss all 3DReshaper related issues here.
Post Reply
Entropia
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm
Full Name: Efstratios Vasilakos
Company Details: Geo-Info Ltd
Company Position Title: Survey Manager
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Heatmap

Post by Entropia » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am

Hi all,

I would like to ask if it's possible to produce a heatmap from a point cloud in 3DReshaper. I'm about to scan a ceiling in a theatre and this needs to be done periodically in order to check any deformities, so I need to produce a heatmap for each visit I'll make.


Kind regards,

Stratos

User avatar
gilles_3Dreshaper
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: 3DReshaper Manager
Country: France
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by gilles_3Dreshaper » Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am

Hi stratos,
Yes, for sure, you can create a deviation color map showing the deviations between 2 point clouds in 3DR
Gilles
3DReshaper Manager
http://www.3dreshaper.com

Entropia
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm
Full Name: Efstratios Vasilakos
Company Details: Geo-Info Ltd
Company Position Title: Survey Manager
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by Entropia » Thu May 16, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Gilles,

Thank you very much, that's great. I haven't used 3DReshaper but I'm assuming I can import my point cloud from Cyclone in 3DReshaper in e.g. *.pts format?

User avatar
gilles_3Dreshaper
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: 3DReshaper Manager
Country: France
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by gilles_3Dreshaper » Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Between cyclone and 3DR, there is even a better workflow than import/export: CloudWorx!
You will have your points directly in 3DR from Cyclone/LGS and JetStream.

See video here

youtu.be/jwRdu0bu0rc

Of course, PTS/E57/PTX..., all work as well!!
Gilles
3DReshaper Manager
http://www.3dreshaper.com

melshy
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm
Full Name: Duy Nguyen
Company Details: Baezeni VietNam
Company Position Title: Baezeni VietNam
Country: Vietnam
Skype Name: duy_bz
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Heatmap

Post by melshy » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Entropia wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am
Hi all,

I would like to ask if it's possible to produce a heatmap from a point cloud in 3DReshaper. I'm about to scan a ceiling in a theatre and this needs to be done periodically in order to check any deformities, so I need to produce a heatmap for each visit I'll make.


Kind regards,

Stratos
Maybe the same you need :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
gilles_3Dreshaper
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 am
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: 3DReshaper Manager
Country: France
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by gilles_3Dreshaper » Thu May 16, 2019 5:55 pm

Wow, that's a nice deviation map!! :)
Is it a theater, where is it?
Gilles
3DReshaper Manager
http://www.3dreshaper.com

melshy
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:48 pm
Full Name: Duy Nguyen
Company Details: Baezeni VietNam
Company Position Title: Baezeni VietNam
Country: Vietnam
Skype Name: duy_bz
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Heatmap

Post by melshy » Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 am

gilles_3Dreshaper wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:55 pm
Wow, that's a nice deviation map!! :)
Is it a theater, where is it?
Jobs from freelancer :) this is ceiling Hotel, i don't remember location :)

Entropia
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm
Full Name: Efstratios Vasilakos
Company Details: Geo-Info Ltd
Company Position Title: Survey Manager
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by Entropia » Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 pm

gilles_3Dreshaper wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
Between cyclone and 3DR, there is even a better workflow than import/export: CloudWorx!
You will have your points directly in 3DR from Cyclone/LGS and JetStream.

See video here

youtu.be/jwRdu0bu0rc

Of course, PTS/E57/PTX..., all work as well!!
Thank you very much Gilles!

Entropia
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:17 pm
Full Name: Efstratios Vasilakos
Company Details: Geo-Info Ltd
Company Position Title: Survey Manager
Country: UK
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Heatmap

Post by Entropia » Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 pm

melshy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 pm
Entropia wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 am
Hi all,

I would like to ask if it's possible to produce a heatmap from a point cloud in 3DReshaper. I'm about to scan a ceiling in a theatre and this needs to be done periodically in order to check any deformities, so I need to produce a heatmap for each visit I'll make.


Kind regards,

Stratos
Maybe the same you need :)
Hi Duy, that looks great! That's exactly what I need!

Post Reply

Return to “3DReshaper”