Security Camera Perspective

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Security Camera Perspective

Post by ericguizzetti » Fri May 17, 2019 9:40 pm

CNOEBEL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:59 pm
We have a Leice P30 and Maps 360, not cyclone. We are wanting to use the 3d scans in conjunction with video of a crime (speeding car, distance determination, etc.). I have video forensic software that will aid me in correcting the video distortion from the camera and overlaying the video stills onto the point cloud for object measurement, but what I have not been able to do and need advice about is how to get the point cloud into the view of the cctv so that it matches the video stills.

I've seen this done but I see it with users who have Faro scanners and software, not Leica. Does anyone have any advice on methodology and how to use the Maps 360 to get the view/perspective of the camera so I can align the video stills with the point cloud?

Thanks in advance.
I'd use Fuzor for that. You can dump the point cloud into Fuzor, create camera locations in Fuzor and create a security camera interface. its about $2,500 ... hit me up if you need help and if this sounds up your alley eric@datumtechsolutions.com
Eric Guizzetti
DPR Construction
San Diego

#BLKRoadtrip
#RTC360
#RTCroadtrip

www.dpr.com

3DForensics
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Post by 3DForensics » Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm

I'd use Fuzor for that. You can dump the point cloud into Fuzor, create camera locations in Fuzor and create a security camera interface. its about $2,500 ... hit me up if you need help and if this sounds up your alley eric@datumtechsolutions.com
I just looked at Fuzor as I have never heard of it. I don't see how it calculates the camera position other than "simulating" it as indicated on the website. With all due respect, I can't see how it would be suitable for creating accurate perspectives unless you have some kind of tool to recreate the focal length and position of the camera. Just need to be careful when using for forensic purposes.

Eugene

DavidL
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: David Lander
Company Details: Thames Valley Police Authority
Company Position Title: Crime Scene Surveyor

Post by DavidL » Fri May 24, 2019 1:28 pm

CNOEBEL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:59 pm
how to get the point cloud into the view of the cctv so that it matches the video stills.
I understand the overlay method, but I can't get my head around what you mean by this bit... just out of interest can you provide more detail or an example? Thanks

vislaw
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Mark Johnson
Company Details: Visual Law Group
Company Position Title: Principal and Chief Creative Officer

Post by vislaw » Fri May 24, 2019 4:36 pm

I've been using Input-Ace and can endorse it as extremely useful on several fronts. In fact, I just handled a case in which the investigating officer used EagleView with the security video to attempt to determine velocity. My client didn't have a budget that would allow me to travel to the site and there was no laser scan available. However, I was able to actually use Google Earth to convincingly prove the determination of distance was significantly in error using the overlay tool in Input-Ace:
COMPARE_INPUT_ACE.jpg
For me, anyway, this has become a must-have tool for any of our cases involving security video footage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”