Pxx Scanner(s)-Data Download & .prj File

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
dlefebvre
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Dylan LeFebvre
Company Details: Allnorth
Company Position Title: Technologist Designer

Pxx Scanner(s)-Data Download & .prj File

Post by dlefebvre » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi, I have a reasonably unique problem that hopefully can be resolved...

We have been scanning at site and due to circumstance and equipment failure we have had three separate scanners on site for a project. One project...scanned with three separate scanners...easy enough. But the guys at site downloaded all the data from the respective scanners when needed and then combined all the scans into one folder with one .prj file. So now when I import the scans to Cyclone I only get the scans associated with the .prj file. Is there a way to fake or create a new .prj file to get these scans into Cyclone? To possibly make things more interesting, the scanning started with a P40 to a P50 and was finished with a P20. Not sure it that complicates things further. It's possible I can get the original scans from each scanner again, but not in a timely manner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tookie
I have made 70-80 posts
I have made 70-80 posts
Full Name: Iain Took
Company Details: WMP
Company Position Title: Dogsbody
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Pxx Scanner(s)-Data Download & .prj File

Post by Tookie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm

This came up with a set of RTC360 data here:

https://www.laserscanningforum.com/foru ... 46&t=14011

The same trick might work (using an empty .prj file) failing that ring Leica support!

SCCS RTC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: SCCS Survey Equipment Limited
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Manager
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Pxx Scanner(s)-Data Download & .prj File

Post by SCCS RTC » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:10 am

dlefebvre wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm
Hi, I have a reasonably unique problem that hopefully can be resolved...

We have been scanning at site and due to circumstance and equipment failure we have had three separate scanners on site for a project. One project...scanned with three separate scanners...easy enough. But the guys at site downloaded all the data from the respective scanners when needed and then combined all the scans into one folder with one .prj file. So now when I import the scans to Cyclone I only get the scans associated with the .prj file. Is there a way to fake or create a new .prj file to get these scans into Cyclone? To possibly make things more interesting, the scanning started with a P40 to a P50 and was finished with a P20. Not sure it that complicates things further. It's possible I can get the original scans from each scanner again, but not in a timely manner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi Dylan,

We have a tool to rebuild the .prj from the seperare scanners single raw data folders.

What country are you in? Contact your local Leica support and they’ll do this with you.

All they need to know is scanner firmware version as the ‘data recovery tool’ differs slightly with firmware.

BTW Let me if your still struggling and illl do this for you?

Phil
SCCS Survey Equipment Limited
M: 07540 201383
E: [email protected]
W: www.sccsurvey.co.uk

Return to “Leica Geosystems”