RTC360 - who has one? What’s the status?

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
steveholly
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: stephen holly
Company Details: Pure Real Estate
Company Position Title: Architectural Technician

Re: RTC360 - who has one? What’s the status?

Post by steveholly » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:58 pm

jmeszar wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Hello all, I am on the technical end of a company that sells and supports Leica HDS equipment and would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.
Hi Jmeszar,

We are looking at purchasing an RTC 360, and wanted to know if it works well in the Z Axis, for example is how does the inclometer work? As i believe there is no dual-axis compensator in the RTC, only in the P series. Is it possible to get "level" scans with it, without using loads of control points?

For example, scanning down a big hill? say 200m, would the level be accurate at the bottom if started at top?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Steve Holly
https://modellingarchitecture.co.uk/

gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gsisman » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:02 pm

steveholly wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:58 pm
jmeszar wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Hello all, I am on the technical end of a company that sells and supports Leica HDS equipment and would be happy to answer any specific questions you have.
Hi Jmeszar,

We are looking at purchasing an RTC 360, and wanted to know if it works well in the Z Axis, for example is how does the inclometer work? As i believe there is no dual-axis compensator in the RTC, only in the P series. Is it possible to get "level" scans with it, without using loads of control points?

For example, scanning down a big hill? say 200m, would the level be accurate at the bottom if started at top?

Look forward to your thoughts.

Steve Holly
https://modellingarchitecture.co.uk/
Steve,

If you're looking at the RTC360, you're right there isn't a dual access compensator only IMU with limited Z-axis compensation. That being said, the Cloud to cloud matching when there are good vertical and horizontal planes available (Read peripheral buildings, roof overhangs ,slabs, etc. But for civil work (down a hill) you better be using targets. If you get good cloud to cloud using targets (which caan be auto-extracted but you will have to manually label in the office in Register 360), then you should be bale to scatter Control throughout the slope of the hill and match the registers C2C bundle to that (You control using a Dual Axis compensated piece of equipment. We haven't truly successfully done that yet though on some large Public Parking Lots using Register 360 and are working with Leica support and a consultant to check this data against Cyclone's algorithyms.

gscarter963
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: G Scott Carter
Company Details: Clint Elliott Surveying
Company Position Title: Clint Elliott Surveying
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gscarter963 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Our firm here in Nashville just purchased the RTC360. So far, I am super impressed with the VIS technology that allows you to stitch the scans together in the field. I am still in the learning curve and have a long way to go but I love the size and speed in which it collects data.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”