List of equipment for colouring Leica P40 points clouds

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, X9, X12, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
Tramway SPb
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ivan Alekseenko
Company Details: Trimetari Consulting
Company Position Title: Projects Manager
Skype Name: fufsjak
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Tramway SPb »

Hello colleagues!
It is my first topic here, sorry if I will ask stupid things )
Our business is 3D laser scanning and 3D modelling. We are using Leica P40 and now we are collecting information about equipment which can help us quickly and accurately colourize points clouds. Usually, we are working with industrial (70%) and architectural (30%) objects.
At present we know the next list of equipment:
1. iStar Fusion - rapid, compact, cheap, not very good resolution;
2. Spheron Lite - good resolution, there is a flash, not very rapid;
3. The Canon EOS 60D/70D/80D camera - not compact, good resolution, high level of automation;
4. LizardQ - very good but very expensive.
Something else?
Thanks!
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Re: List of equipment for colouring Leica P40 points clouds

Post by steves01x »

I think thats all - if only there was an iStar that offered additional quality/resolution imagery, 50mp / 100mp /200mp etc (even if it took longer) its such a smooth process when in the field. :)
Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Rikore »

Depending on what you are looking for in a presentation. We use iStar and the Canon 70D and 80D. The Canons give us the best in imagery. Any externals though will take time to apply to the points. We prefer the Canon as we can adjust the images and make them look really good.
Tramway SPb
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ivan Alekseenko
Company Details: Trimetari Consulting
Company Position Title: Projects Manager
Skype Name: fufsjak

Post by Tramway SPb »

Rikore wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:10 pm Depending on what you are looking for in a presentation. We use iStar and the Canon 70D and 80D. The Canons give us the best in imagery. Any externals though will take time to apply to the points. We prefer the Canon as we can adjust the images and make them look really good.
Thank you for the feedback!
We are not interested in the best quality. Usually, we use coloured points for TruView creation only.
What the level of illumination will be enough for capturing via iStar Fusion and how much time it will take if illumination will be on the lowest possible level?
brian715
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Brian Boehmer
Company Details: Meridian Eng.
Company Position Title: LiDAR Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by brian715 »

We use the Istar for our pictures. Cuts our field time down by nearly half. Colorizing from our Faro scans we have to use their external application that colorizes .e57 files. It works well. The app in Faro Scene creates some odd colorizing, like the sky ends up pink or brownish, so we ditched that. It can capture in very low light, it just takes longer. Here are some of our images on a dimly lit street at night. The images make it look alot brighter than it actually was our there. It was almost pitch black in that first one. I couldn't see to setup my spheres and had to use a headlamp. but if you zoom in one it you can make out the building corners and my spheres.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

I use for coloring pointclouds istar, is there an adaptor in order to mount it above P40 ?
Is very time consuming to remove scanner from tripod and then add the Istar, it will be very helpful if there where an adapter to mount it over the instrument..

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”