caddman97
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Video App Question Scene

Post by caddman97 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:57 pm

I would like to use the clipping box to cut away at the point cloud and at each cut I would like to create a viewpoint or something else to capture that instance. Well, when I adjust the clipping box and create a viewpoint it doesn't keep that last clipping area in the last viewpoint.

What am I missing or how can I adjust the clipping box and take viewpoints at each adjustment of the box? Creating a screenshot makes an images that I can save out of Scene but can't use in the video app. Any ideas on how I can get this effect?

Thank you for the help

dcacioppo
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: David Cacioppo
Company Details: Park Ridge Police Department
Company Position Title: Forensic Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Video App Question Scene

Post by dcacioppo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:26 pm

In the 3D View, are you saying that only one clipping box is working at a time? If that is the case, create a clipping box to encompass the whole project. After that you can place multiple clipping boxes around your scene (within that overall clipping box essentially).

3DForensics
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Post by 3DForensics » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:31 am

If I understand you correctly you want to animate the clipping box. The Video App doesn't have that ability at the moment. You would have to use Arena 4D, 3ds Max or other animation software to make that happen.

caddman97
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by caddman97 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:14 pm

It sure would be nice to have the option when creating a viewpoint that keep the clipping box location and does not change the previous and future viewpoints.

Having this ability would allow me to use the point cloud to show the client certain views of their building without having to go into multiple software packages. It is quite embarrassing when you have to jump around to other software to show all the conditions. Editing on the fly can also go wrong if a client has limited time and patience.

I was able to get what I needed from several other software packages. Just wasn’t able to use Scene during the presentation.

Return to “Faro”