Transformation in TRW

Discuss all Trimble Realworks related issues here.
adam.lucivjansky
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Adam Lucivjansky
Company Details: Geoton
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Transformation in TRW

Post by adam.lucivjansky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello guys,

I'm wondering if there is an easy way (or any way) how to transform my registered project cloud into different coordinates using common points. I have design drawing (floorplan) of my building and I want to fit my pointcloud into it using the least squares adjustment...

So far I've discovered georeferencing function - what I did was that I picked coordinates of some corners from my floorplan drawing, imported it into TRW as topo points and then using georeferencing I picked roughly the same points from pointcloud and matched them with my topo points. I thought it worked OK but then I discovered the problem - TRW performed 3D transformation by which I mean shift in X,Y,Z and rotation around X,Y,Z as well so my formerly levelled pointcloud was leaning a bit as I only picked random pointcloud points with different heights and matched them with my 2D points from design drawing.... What I was looking for was shift in X,Y,Z and rotation around Z only.... Any tips and tricks how to do it ? Thanks a lot.

Adam

geedaa83
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Mohamed AbdEl-Magied
Company Details: Jatco
Company Position Title: Jatco
Skype Name: geedaa83
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Transformation in TRW

Post by geedaa83 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello

i suggest to
1-import topo point as you did before
2-use manual register using targets
3-i assume you don't have targets so you will click analyze then extract at least one or two points which you thought it match same location of your topo points
4- apply
Thank You

Mahmed AbdEl-Magied
+966565841792
m83abdelmaged@gmail.com

Return to “Trimble Realworks”