Leica Scanstation P50 Announced - 1KM Range

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
Oatfedgoat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Matthew McCarter
Company Details: Costain
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Leica Scanstation P50 Announced - 1KM Range

Post by Oatfedgoat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 pm

(Heerbrugg, Switzerland, 14 November 2017) – Leica Geosystems, industry leader of measurement technology, announced today the Leica ScanStation P50, the fastest and safest long-range 3D laser scanner, as the newest member of the 3D terrestrial laser scanner P-Series.

The new ScanStation P50 combines all the well-known features of the P40 plus a longer-range scanning capability of more than 1 kilometre. Increasing users’ flexibility to offer services in new markets, this rugged and versatile laser scanner enables professionals to 3D capture even at great distances with angular accuracy paired with low range noise and survey-grade dual-axis compensation.

Professionals can now scan the inaccessible
The ScanStation P50 opens new business opportunities for reality capture professionals, helping them to scan what was previously unreachable such as big mine pits, long bridges, dams and skyscrapers. With a supreme range, the P50 enables users to scan any tall and/or wide infrastructure or dangerous sites from a remote and safe position. The newest member of the P-Series provides the highest quality 3D data and High-Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging at an extremely fast scan rate of up to1 mio points per second and ranges of more than 1 kilometre.
“Our customers have requested increased range so that they can capture tall structures and/or far away features without sacrificing the safety of their field crews. During a recent deployment of the Leica P50 in an urban setting, the extended range allowed us to capture more of a city skyline in less setups,” said Mike Harvey, Leica Geosystems NAFTA HDS product & applications manager. “Due to the extended range, the additional data made scan registration very easy and much faster.”

For more information about the Leica ScanStation, please visit: http://leica-geosystems.com/scanstation_p50

http://leica-geosystems.com/about-us/ne ... tation_p50

Oatfedgoat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Matthew McCarter
Company Details: Costain
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Re: Leica Scanstation P50 Announced - 1KM Range

Post by Oatfedgoat » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:27 pm

Whilst there is undoubtedly a market for scanners of this range, I think it must be a very limited one.
1km is unlikely to be enough distance for many large scale mining projects?

landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:27 pm

when Leica came around to show their P40 and i told them that a Vz400i was preferable for me they told me that scanning this far was b*ollocks and of no use.

I'm glad i've chosen Riegl.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +3211661621
www.landmeter-beuckx.be
info@landmeter-beuckx.be

sdhudson
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Stephen Hudson
Company Details: Malcolm Hollis
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Post by sdhudson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Has the issue with the battery falling out every time you take the scanner out the box been fixed on this one? ;)

Return to “Leica Geosystems”