Orthorectified Imagery

Discuss all Leica Geosystems related issues here.
KGEConsult
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Daire Kilkelly
Company Details: Kilkelly Geo-Spatial Solutions
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Orthorectified Imagery

Post by KGEConsult » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:22 am

Hi All,

This may have already been addressed but we are looking to get information on the process of creating ortho-rectified imagery within Leica Cyclone 9.1.6. We are using a C10 and an Istar and I am looking for a workflow for exporting coloured rectified imagery for elevations of buildings. I see that this is available in cloudworx but I am hoping we can do this with just cyclone.

Thanks in advance.
Daire

SCCS HDS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: SCCS
Company Position Title: HDS Manager
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Orthorectified Imagery

Post by SCCS HDS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 am

Hi Daire,

You can create an Ortho-rectified image from the coloured point cloud data but not the images taken with the iSTAR.

To export a scaled rectified view of your point-cloud data in Cyclone follow these steps:

Put your point-cloud in orthographic projection. You can manually rotate your point-cloud into a desired position or by using the Co-ordinate Systems tools (Pick 2 points on the face you want to align to then go to View – Co-ordinate System – Set from Points. Put 90 in the ‘Azimuth Point’ Angle box and hit OK). When you hit the view icons in Cyclone the data will automatically be aligned to your chosen face/view.
Ortho-images also look much better with Unified data, so be sure to unify the point-cloud first before carrying out the next few steps.
Ensure the number of points being loaded and displayed are sufficiently high (Edit – Preferences – Point Cloud tab – Load and Display) then make sure you have your chosen colour scheme and shading options selected.
It is also advisable to have the point-width at 2-3 times normal so it may look blocky in the Modelspace, but the resulting Ortho-image will look really clear.

- Go to File – Export – Choose Ortho-Image, and give your file a name and a location.
- Once you ‘Save’ another dialogue box will appear.
- Enter something higher than the defaults for the image size (It’s worth experimenting to see what your PC is capable of). A recommend starting is between 3000 and 5000 with the aspect ratio locked.

Only use Anti-aliasing if you want to smooth the image out – this is very useful if you are exporting any linework with the point-cloud. Then select OK.
You will now have two to three files depending on which view you were in when you produced the image (name.tif, name.twf and name.tfw).

The TWF and TFW files contain information on how to get your data into your chosen software with the right scale and orientation.

Your local reseller should be able to help you with all this. If not, please feel free to give me a call.

I hope all this helps?
SCCS Survey Equipment Limited l Sales, Hire & Support
T: 01480 404888 l M: 07540 201383 l E: phil.marsh@sccssurvey.co.uk
W: www.sccsurvey.co.uk/hds l T: @SCCSHDS

KGEConsult
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Daire Kilkelly
Company Details: Kilkelly Geo-Spatial Solutions
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by KGEConsult » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:55 am

Much appreciated Phil,

Quick follow on query, is this the same deliverable as the "create ortho photo" in Cloudworx. I was impressed with some on the internet testimonials on cloudworx.

Cheers

SCCS HDS
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Company Details: SCCS
Company Position Title: HDS Manager
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh

Post by SCCS HDS » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Yes, this is the same deliverable but with slightly different options when processing.
SCCS Survey Equipment Limited l Sales, Hire & Support
T: 01480 404888 l M: 07540 201383 l E: phil.marsh@sccssurvey.co.uk
W: www.sccsurvey.co.uk/hds l T: @SCCSHDS

Michele85
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michel Roberti
Company Details: ------
Company Position Title: --------
Skype Name: lele8578

Post by Michele85 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 am

salve a tutti, sono nuovo del forum questo è il mio primo messaggio.
sto utilizzando la funzione di Cloudworx---->Ortoimmagine, sulla guida non è riportata nessuna spiegazione su questo comando.
Ho un prospetto molto esteso, ed affinchè questo sia ben leggibile ho bisogno che il programma carichi una grande quantità di punti.
se inquadro tutto il prospetto che voglio esportare, cloudworx carica 200 mln di punti (massimo) ma non risultano sufficienti, l'immagine risulta essere molto disturbata.
la mia intenzione sarebbe quella di iquadrare una piccola parte del prospetto, cliccare su rigenera punti, esportare l'ortoimmaggine, e poi unire le immagini su Autocad, tramite il file .twf.
volevo domandare:
-qualcuno sa spiegarmi con esattezza cosa sono i parametri che posso modificare prima di creare un ortoimmagine?(allego Screenshot)
-Seguendo le istruzioni sul file .twf il punto .4 dice:
4. Rotate the image to the correct orientation.
- Enter 'ROTATE3D' on the command line.
- Select 'IMAGE'.
- Enter 'X' (for X axis) on the command line.
- Enter '0,0,0' as the rotation point.
- Enter '0.00000000' for the X rotation.
- Repeat with '-0.00000000' for the Y axis.
- Repeat with '-0.00000000' for the Z axis.
quando inserisco 0.0000000 for the x rotation Autocad dice che posso inserire solo numeri diversi da 0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gabrio
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Gabrio Rossi
Company Details: Scan2BIM - R+TB Architetti Associati
Company Position Title: co-founder partner

Post by gabrio » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm

hi Michele and welcome. To gain the maximum power of the forum .... you should explain your question in english ;-) more people can read the question, more answers to you.

ciao Michele e benvenuto nel forum. per poter sfruttare al massimo il forum devi porre la domanda in inglese. così molte più persone leggono e possono risponderti.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
arch. Gabrio Rossi, MRICS
g.rossi@scan2bim.it
www.scan2bim.it

Passaggio dei Canonici Lateranensi n. 4
24121 Bergamo - Italy

+39.035.22.27.76

Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh

Post by Phil Marsh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:18 am

gabrio wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm
hi Michele and welcome. To gain the maximum power of the forum .... you should explain your question in english ;-) more people can read the question, more answers to you.
Don't forget we have the translate button in the top right hand corner so all very easy now. Please feel free to express yourself in your native tongue.

Phil Marsh
Administrator
Administrator
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Skype Name: phil.h.marsh

Post by Phil Marsh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:24 am

in that image you have the scale of x10 but the pixel size only as 1. Try x5 scale and 3 pixel size.

Michele85
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michel Roberti
Company Details: ------
Company Position Title: --------
Skype Name: lele8578

Post by Michele85 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 am

...ok appena posso provo! ma potresti spiegarmi x10 cosa si intende? grazie!

Formula1982
I have made 100> posts
I have made 100> posts
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Post by Formula1982 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am

Slightly related -
NCTech have their colourcloud software which lets you upscale a point cloud to match the iStar resolution. i.e. it turns every pixel from the camera into a 3D coloured point, much more dense than the original point cloud.
An ortho rectified 'image' from Cyclone is really just an image of the point cloud. So if you have iStar images from your setup positions as well, and you consider the ortho-rectified image from the standard point cloud not quite looking good enough - you could export the individual registered scans from cyclone as individual E57s, run them through the NCTech colourcloud software, then re-import them into Cyclone. Your individual scan files will now be huge, but photo-realistic. As long as you export them in their registered positions, you should be able to import them back in, and combine them without further post processing.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”