YES QUITE. Read the release notespburrows145 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 amIf you have an active CCP for REGISTER you will need to upgrade to 9.2 and rehost the license to get access to REGISTER 360. If you do not have an active CCP then contact your local sales team, otherwise you will not get 9.2 or REG360 access.
If you have bought REG360 as a standalone solution, you will need an entitlement ID (EID) from your local sales team (normally sent via PDF as an email).
Ensure you have read all the release notes before proceeding.
Found out there were previous issues with applying Control to Bundles that we were not aware of and not even given the latest version of software on MyWorld when ordered June 26, 2018 (v.1.4.3)
Part of th new issues with the current version of software
• Virtual Machine (VM) environments are not supported.
• Remote Desktop is only supported if Cyclone REGISTER 360 is opened in the remote computer
first. Trying to open Cyclone REGISTER 360 through remote desktop is not supported.
• Cyclone REGISTER 360 will not detect the dedicated graphics card on computers with multiple
graphics cards. Users must manually set the dedicated card for use with Cyclone REGISTER 360.
This is done with the Nvidia Control Panel for Nvidia graphics cards, or with the Catalyst Control
Center for ATI\AMD graphic cards
• Importing data over a network can cause issues, especially on Windows 10. The workaround is to
copy the scan data to a local disk.
• If memory issues arise check and make sure that the virtual memory size is set to the same size
• Automatic image matching of imported panoramic images may not always be correct.
• Deleting points with the fence tool shows a low-density version of the deleted cloud after deletion.
Moving the view will remove these points.
• The zoom scale bar will be captured in the image in the import area using the on-line map.
• Leica ScanStation P16, P30, and P50 data is marked as P40 data in the import area.
• Project thumbnails (the image shown in the project selector) are not preserved in the *.raf export
• F1 contextual help will not work with Microsoft Edge browser as the default browser. The
workaround is to use Chrome or Firefox as the default browser.
• The auto extraction of Black & White targets will not extract targets from detail scans. The extractor
works on the main scan only. The targets can be manually extracted from the detail scans after
• Files written to the temp folder at C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp\Register360, will be
deleted after the program closes. These files will NOT be deleted if the program freezes or crashes.
• In rare cases the bundle will show an optimized state, but there is still an unoptimized link in the
bundle (not shown with a dotted line). Optimize the bundle to resolve the issue or split the bundle
into smaller bundles and look for the suspect dotted line link, delete this link and re-optimize.
• The Sitemap name cannot have non-Latin (Japanese, Chinese, etc) characters for publishing to
TruView Enterprise or TruView Cloud to work. The currently active Project should not be re-named
from the Projects & Storage settings. You should close the project before renaming it.
• After editing the tone map image, the project needs to be re-opened to see the edited image.
• When a setup has a UCS created from it, the UCS must first be deleted before the setup can be
deleted from the project.
• On rare occasions HDR images may appear grey with very little variation. The workaround is to
open the image with the Tone Map Editor and re-save the image.
• After the first publish event in the Report area there is a known issue that prevents another publish
event. The workaround is to re-start Cyclone REGISTER 360 or click the cancel button in the Report
area and then directly re-enter the Report area.
• Some graphic card anomalies can be caused by power management software. Please turn off by
setting the power management profile to High performance.