Is there an easy legend to see what each scan is colored when colored by setup?

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Samm Carbo
Company Details: Major Power Company
Company Position Title: Geospatial Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Is there an easy legend to see what each scan is colored when colored by setup?

Post by SCarbo »

I'm looking at data, when I get closer to being complete if I have registration that is not as solid as I'd like it to be I change my view to colored by setup. I check the color of the points and I go through the scans individually.

Is there an easy way to see the color of each scan in a legend form or something.

If not; if one of you Leica reps could submit that as a feature request, I'd imagine it would be pretty easy simple just colorize the icon next to the setup name to match the color of the setup.

If anyone knows of an easier way to look at this beyond going into each individual scan I'd appreciate it.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Re: Is there an easy legend to see what each scan is colored when colored by setup?

Post by badam »

SCarbo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:58 pm I'm looking at data, when I get closer to being complete if I have registration that is not as solid as I'd like it to be I change my view to colored by setup. I check the color of the points and I go through the scans individually.

Is there an easy way to see the color of each scan in a legend form or something.

If not; if one of you Leica reps could submit that as a feature request, I'd imagine it would be pretty easy simple just colorize the icon next to the setup name to match the color of the setup.

If anyone knows of an easier way to look at this beyond going into each individual scan I'd appreciate it.
Reg360?
If you enable labels for setups i think it changes the color of the labels alongside the cloud. But error checking should be done with truslicer there is a "pick setup" button which will tell you exactly which setup which if you click on a setup. Note the questionable setups to a txt find all errors then write down every single one of them, then go through the list of errors and check how can you make your reg better.. optimize after done everything then run through truslicer again especially looking for the critical parts.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Re: Is there an easy legend to see what each scan is colored when colored by setup?

Post by SCarbo »

badam wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:44 pm Reg360?
If you enable labels for setups i think it changes the color of the labels alongside the cloud. But error checking should be done with truslicer there is a "pick setup" button which will tell you exactly which setup which if you click on a setup. Note the questionable setups to a txt find all errors then write down every single one of them, then go through the list of errors and check how can you make your reg better.. optimize after done everything then run through truslicer again especially looking for the critical parts.
Thanks for the reply,

Yes I am working in Reg360.

How does one enable labels for setups.

I'm not on the truslicer phase yet. This is just from seeing it looking at the bundle cloud.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

well i was wrong, i 've just tried it out, but the labels does not have colors for setups. (I sort of hates labels useless featureslike this i think but you can toggle them between setup/cloud toggle on the menubar)

Why do you need this functionality without truslicer? But with very thick truslicer you can see what you see in bundle cloud. And there you have the ability to pick setup.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by SCarbo »

I don't work in TruSlicer until I am done and I am verifying my data. I'm constantly in the bundle or setup clouds. I see where you can PickSetups in true slicer but then they go away as soon as you turn that off.

I'd still like to see the feature in the scan list on the little circular icons. Either way, the truslider option will at least stop me from going in and out of clouds, so I appreciate the shared knowledge.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by badam »

SCarbo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:00 pm I don't work in TruSlicer until I am done and I am verifying my data. I'm constantly in the bundle or setup clouds. I see where you can PickSetups in true slicer but then they go away as soon as you turn that off.

I'd still like to see the feature in the scan list on the little circular icons. Either way, the truslider option will at least stop me from going in and out of clouds, so I appreciate the shared knowledge.
Can you share what you do almost all the time in bundle/setup cloud?

We almost never enter bundle cloud. And we never use color by setup outside of truslicer. Clening happens in setup clouds because it is faster and more precise.

And I don't see a valid reason that it would help to identify scans in tree, because the tree is just unusable after first 30-50 setup and the colors are repeating a lot. But report it to your sales rep. Sales reps does not required to folow this forum, just Paul Burrows reacts here sometimes.
SCarbo
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by SCarbo »

Honestly, it's mostly just navigation through the bundle cloud. I'd have to assume I just use it this way because I am getting a more constant overwall picture as opposed to a slice of what I am looking at. If I am cleaning a cloud I'll create limit boxes and delete things that way. Once I'm done cleaning or alignment, I go into truslicer and work my way down. But, as I said, with being able to see which setup I need to work with in truslicer is going to make a big difference in my process.

If it were available though, I'd be able to see which setups were out of alignment were there some sort of legend telling me that in the Bundle View.
JeffT
Forum Supporter
Forum Supporter
Full Name: Jeff T
Company Details: Geospatial
Company Position Title: Engineering Technician
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by JeffT »

Really all they have to do is add the setup name to the point picker and I'd be happy.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”