I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Matt Saunders
Company Details: BCC
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

Scene. Spatial Operations not yet completed

Post by MattS »

I'm getting a new error message when I open a quickview of any scans in my project.

Some spatial operations for this scan are not yet completed.
Do you wish to proceed (inconsistencies may occur)?

Anyone come across this and know what causes it?
Superbob3D
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Robert Howell
Company Details: Superbob
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Scene. Spatial Operations not yet completed

Post by Superbob3D »

Hello Matt,

I just started getting this error. This is the only post I've seen that references it.

Did you ever figure out what it was?

Thanks!

bob
tipwynn
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: thiep nguyen
Company Details: government
Company Position Title: scanner

Post by tipwynn »

I am having the same problems. Anyone have any solution, yet? I'm running Scene 2019.
MattS
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Matt Saunders
Company Details: BCC
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by MattS »

Sorry I missed your post bob.

I just continued through the error and didn't notice anything wrong after.

Never did figure out the cause though.
Augusto 3D
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: C-Augusto
Company Details: 3d scanning
Company Position Title: USA

Post by Augusto 3D »

I am seeing this in 2022.0.0 does anyone know what this means?
lsf
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Las
Company Details: Sfee
Company Position Title: General

Post by lsf »

I too have seen this last month and had no clue what it means. I guess we are still in the dark?
JustinW
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Justin Wetterberg
Company Details: Rörkraft
Company Position Title: Documentalist

Post by JustinW »

Ran into this problem today in my latest project (183 scans if that matters).
I'm using SCENE 2023.0.1.10677.

Been opening all scans one by one in Quick View to remove false-positives by the detect spheres/markers function in processing. I find it easier to do it there than in Automatic Registration -> Verify Targets since I can open the folders with auto-detected spheres and remove Yellow/Red spheres and all the markers with numbers that I know is outside the range of the unique numbers on the markers we use before I start opening scans.

Had no problems during the first 142 scans (2 clusters left to check and it appeared halfway through the second to last cluster), but then I started getting the "Some spatial operations for this scan are not yet completed.
Do you wish to proceed (inconsistencies may occur)" error message every time I opened a scan that I hadn't opened before.

I tried a few things to get around the problem, and while it seems to have solved it, I have no idea if it actually has solved anything or if I will run into problems when I try to export the whole project.
I have not yet created a Project Point Cloud since I prefer to finish the registrations before doing that to avoid making the project take up unneccessarily much space on the hard drive.

I exported a scan where the error message was removed and it seems OK when I open it in Navisworks.
Exporting a scan that I haven't opened yet gives me the error message again. When I click "Yes" it exports it and the .rcs seems fine when I open it in Navisworks.

These are the different things I've tried to solve it, but it seems like the error message will appear once in every scan no matter what I do.

1. Just clicking "Yes" on the dialogue box and wait for the scan to fully load. Took longer than usual to load it, but when I closed it and re-opened it the error message was gone and it opened as quickly as it usually does.

2. Loading the scan before opening it. Gave me the error message when it started the operation, I clicked "Yes" and the error message was gone when I opened it in Quick View.

3. Right-clicking on the scan, go to Processing -> Colorize Scan. Gave me the error message when it started the operation, I clicked "Yes" and the error message was when I opened it in Quick View.

4. Right-clicking on the scan, go to Processing -> Apply Pictures. Gave me the error message when it started the operation, I clicked "Yes" and the error message was gone when I opened it in Quick View.

5. Right-clicking on the scan, go to Processing and re-process the scan. Settings are set to Colorize Scans and Edge Artifact Filter. The Scan Point Cloud is already created so it's grayed out.
The processing went well but the error message still appeared when I opened it in Quick View. Clicking "Yes", letting it open fully, closing it and re-opening it gave me no error message.

As stated before, it seems like the problem is "solved", but I don't know why the error message appears or if the things I've tried have actually made any difference besides removing the error message. It feels odd that it started appearing after 142 scans and in the middle of a cluster.

Something that makes it even more frustrating is that it feels like I have to open every single scan in Quick View before exporting the project to make sure that the error message hasn't appeared in any scans that I've already been through, even though I think the chances of that happening are slim since opening the scans in Quick View seems to be the "Trigger" but since we don't know why, where or how this error message appears it feels risky to not double check.

It would be great if someone from FARO could give us any insight in this matter and tell us if our projects are corrupted and we have to start over but we won't notice until the project is finished an ready for export, what we can do to avoid the error message appearing in the first place or if it's just that it hasn't applied the pictures correctly (or something similar) and it's solved by opening the scans.

Return to “FARO SCENE”