ReCap Debug Document

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
Allen Nash
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Allen Nash
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: 3D Survey Technician
Linkedin Profile: No

ReCap Debug Document

Post by Allen Nash »

Hi, guys.

Apologies for the dumb question, but I keep getting a 'debug.log' Text Document file appear in my project folder whenever I open one of my ReCap projects. Does anyone know why it does this? Can I stop it from happening, as I get a little OCD about my folder's structure?

Allen
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: ReCap Debug Document

Post by smacl »

Allen Nash wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:27 am Hi, guys.

Apologies for the dumb question, but I keep getting a 'debug.log' Text Document file appear in my project folder whenever I open one of my ReCap projects. Does anyone know why it does this? Can I stop it from happening, as I get a little OCD about my folder's structure?

Allen
Sounds like a text file with an error message. I'd open it up in Notepad and see what it says. Most likely relates to something in your data.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
Leandre Robitaille
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Leandre Robitaille
Company Details: Cima+
Company Position Title: Civil Technician - Surveyor

Post by Leandre Robitaille »

For your ocd insanity, just letting you know that I dont have any debug files with my projects ;)
Like smacl said, have a look at what it states maybe its an easy fix.
Allen Nash
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Allen Nash »

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I've attached a screenshot of the contents. It looks like the first part is the date and possibly the time, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Opening the project works and I've had no complaints from anybody about faulty point clouds, but it is annoying having to clear out my folder every time I open and close the project! :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development

Post by VXGrid »

Allen Nash wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:57 pm Thanks for the replies, guys.

I've attached a screenshot of the contents. It looks like the first part is the date and possibly the time, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Opening the project works and I've had no complaints from anybody about faulty point clouds, but it is annoying having to clear out my folder every time I open and close the project! :(
Just wildly guessing why the debug output is generated:
As far as I am aware I think ReCap uses a framework called Qt, which will debug out messages if something which should not happen happened, example given, they tried to access a variable called locale_file_path, but this is empty.

Is this happening with all your projects (so it does not matter which one you open), while this is not happening with the same project on another computer?
My next guess would be that there are missing files in your ReCap installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk ReCap\resource
Would recommend to reinstall the application if the behaviour is as I described it (given your OCD is stronger than the hassle to reinstall :D )

If this is only with this one project, then there might be an issue in the project file, but ReCap can ignore that (and produces this file).
smacl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Shane MacLaughlin
Company Details: Atlas Computers Ltd
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by smacl »

Pretty much what Martin said. If you google locale_file_path.empty qt you'll see a lot of software seems to suffer from the same issue which relates to the QT web engine and language specific resources. Personally I'd ignore it unless it causes any bigger problems.
Shane MacLaughlin
Atlas Computers Ltd
www.atlascomputers.ie

SCC Point Cloud module
Allen Nash
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts

Post by Allen Nash »

VXGrid wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:06 am
Allen Nash wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:57 pm Thanks for the replies, guys.

Just wildly guessing why the debug output is generated:
As far as I am aware I think ReCap uses a framework called Qt, which will debug out messages if something which should not happen happened, example given, they tried to access a variable called locale_file_path, but this is empty.

Is this happening with all your projects (so it does not matter which one you open), while this is not happening with the same project on another computer?
My next guess would be that there are missing files in your ReCap installation folder:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk ReCap\resource
Would recommend to reinstall the application if the behaviour is as I described it (given your OCD is stronger than the hassle to reinstall :D )

If this is only with this one project, then there might be an issue in the project file, but ReCap can ignore that (and produces this file).
Thanks, Martin. This has been a recurring issue with all of my projects both at my current and former places of employment. I've only now mustered the courage to ask about it on here, so thank you for the suggestions. :)

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”