Merging Projects in Cyclone R360

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Habtam
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Habtam
Company Details: Blom
Company Position Title: engineer

Merging Projects in Cyclone R360

Post by Habtam »

I am working on an area which is too big for one single project. i created projects after scanning subareas and registered the jobs. some of the jobs were registered in another computer so i imported the archives. I needed to merge one project imported form an archive with another project. After merging the projects the output messed up all the work done in each projects. some setups in the first project were left with unmatching cloud and images, the second project lost all the links(no bundle in the site map, just individual setups). I could not figure out why this happened. The damage too much as the project is still messed up even on earlier versions created before the merge. is there any way to recover both projects back to their before-merge versions? I am using Cyclone R360 2021.1.2.
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Merging Projects in Cyclone R360

Post by badam »

Do you have snapshots (versions?)
The only projects which is change should be the main (primary) the other one should be untouched.
What was your whole workflow?

But hard to believe that this bad could happen. Every versions same on each machine? The archives should be good untouched.

I just simply don't undesrtand why leica go this archiving importing nonsense to be able to work on different machines...

In future projects. The best bet is to have snapshots. and more important:
Save the server db and the main project folder to elsewhere so that you can just copy it back... If something went wrong...

If this could happen, I'm really glad that i wrote ourself a project merger application earlier for 2020 version... I've merged projects succesfully and nothing bad happaned.
SlavikusAstana
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Vyacheslav Yurchenko
Company Details: ST-Vision
Company Position Title: Technical Director
Skype Name: Slavikus_Astana
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Merging Projects in Cyclone R360

Post by SlavikusAstana »

upload both projects to a file-sharing service, I will combine the projects for you into one
Laser scanning, panoramic shooting

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”