Lecia 360 Photo Issue

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
Sevan Ryan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ryan Woodruff
Company Details: Sevan Multi-Site Solutions
Company Position Title: Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: No

Lecia 360 Photo Issue

Post by Sevan Ryan »

Hello, my company is laser measuring coffeeshops currently and I have run into this issue when it comes to office work. This image is an example of what is happening. The Scanner wasn't bumped or anything, we are scanner with HDR on, photo, Medium Density, exposure 4. So the scan is a 4:20. When the scan was done, it looked fine on the Ipad and nothing showed this image. I'm not sure fully what the issue is, has anyone else had these types of issues with the BLK360? My Firmware is up to date.

Update: it seems like its the latest firmware according to our rep, and like gsisman said. Hopefully that solves the issues at hand! thanks y'all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sevan Ryan on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Lecia 360 Photo Issue

Post by pburrows145 »

I would check the calibration of the device (talk to support who can help you with this) and your version of Cyclone REGISTER 360 is up to date.

Are you using Recap Mobile or Cyclone FIELD 360? (I assume the latter).

I will ask some questions in the back-ground for you also.
jamesworrell
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Worrell
Company Details: Bennett and Francis
Company Position Title: Director

Post by jamesworrell »

Just for giggles, try a different computer / graphics card / driver combo.

We have seen the odd funky thing come through, ingest on a different box and all is fine - possibly some sort of GPU/driver glitch.

That particular one was this kind of sphere/halo scan effect in the cloud itself as opposed to the imagery, but you never know.

Rule that computer out first - fastest easiest option, the move on from there.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Sevan Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:16 pm Hello, my company is laser measuring coffeeshops currently and I have run into this issue when it comes to office work. This image is an example of what is happening. The Scanner wasn't bumped or anything, we are scanner with HDR on, photo, Medium Density, exposure 4. So the scan is a 4:20. When the scan was done, it looked fine on the Ipad and nothing showed this image. I'm not sure fully what the issue is, has anyone else had these types of issues with the BLK360? My Firmware is up to date.
As I stated in other posts. There is major issues with several things with BLK360 FW v1.2.4
I am communicating with BLK support over the last few weeks. (they are a different group than HDS support)
We rolled the fw back to v1.2.3 which worked fine

(issues with images, and Field 360 connections)
designmule
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matt McDonald
Company Details: BRR Architecture
Company Position Title: Associate
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by designmule »

Sevan Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:16 pm Hello, my company is laser measuring coffeeshops currently and I have run into this issue when it comes to office work. This image is an example of what is happening. The Scanner wasn't bumped or anything, we are scanner with HDR on, photo, Medium Density, exposure 4. So the scan is a 4:20. When the scan was done, it looked fine on the Ipad and nothing showed this image. I'm not sure fully what the issue is, has anyone else had these types of issues with the BLK360? My Firmware is up to date.

Update: it seems like its the latest firmware according to our rep, and like gsisman said. Hopefully that solves the issues at hand! thanks y'all!
Is it just the photo that is bad or is the scan bad? It's not uncommon for the photo capture from a BLK360 to turn out poorly particularly as it moves from Cyclone to ReCap but typically the scan itself is fine. It looks like you are in Register360 so if you switch over to intensity mode you can get a better idea of what was captured in the scan. If the scan looks bad you need to bubble that up to a rep. If it's just the photo, I would chalk that up as par for the course.

On a side note, both the BLK and the RTC have brought the "idea" of fast image capture to laser scanning. They are both fast and certainly faster than survey equipment but in my opinion your better off scanning with photos disabled and coming back through with a Rico Theta 360 camera. As it is much faster.

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”