I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Ron smith
Company Details: 3d surveyscan
Company Position Title: Directo
Linkedin Profile: Yes

3d view

Post by Ronsmith1960 »

Hi All

i have just recently updated my laptop (Dell Precision) to windows 10. everything seemed fine until i came to using scene this week.
i am on scene 2019.2. My problem is when opening 3d view. scans are loaded but not visual in 3d view mode. To get them to appear i am having to right click a scan then locate it. the scan and any other scans loaded now appear. All seem normal then! However i like to use correspondence view to check my registration. again scans partly load as normal but do not appear in the 3d view screen. Unless i right click and locate a scan when they all appear. However if i need to move a scan to a new position the grab handles are not appearing on scan selection.
My laptop is running a NVIDIA Quadro KM3100 M card I have updated drivers checked NVIDIA manager settings e.g 3d gaming setting etc. I have been using scene on this laptop for the last 3-4 years with no problems.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology

Re: 3d view

Post by TommyMaddox »

If you have brought in control points or applied control, your camera view may be pointing far away from your scans when the 3dview is first loaded.

When you open your 3d view, check the coordinates in the bottom right of the screen, then compare them to when you locate a scan.
Ronsmith1960
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Ronsmith1960 »

TommyMaddox wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:21 pm If you have brought in control points or applied control, your camera view may be pointing far away from your scans when the 3dview is first loaded.

When you open your 3d view, check the coordinates in the bottom right of the screen, then compare them to when you locate a scan.
Hi Tommy

No control has been added at this point! I have uninstalled scene and re installed it. I have now noticed after trying to produce scene to go the program is stalling on trying to create overview map?
Raimund58
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Raimund Klink
Company Details: IHM engineering GmbH
Company Position Title: 3d scanning guy
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Raimund58 »

Ronsmith1960 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 pm
TommyMaddox wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:21 pm If you have brought in control points or applied control, your camera view may be pointing far away from your scans when the 3dview is first loaded.

Hi Tommy

No control has been added at this point! I have uninstalled scene and re installed it. I have now noticed after trying to produce scene to go the program is stalling on trying to create overview map?
Hi Ron,
Can you please test this problem in another test project?
If you import only three scans into a new project, are you still experiencing problems?
Kind regards
Raimund Klink
\o/
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering

Post by pomped »

Hi Ron,

please check the position of the camera in the 3D view when opening and when locating a scan (position shown in status bar as "Pos: x y z").
If initially it is very large there might be an object (e.g. point) with very large coordinates so the camera is zoomed out very far to show the whole scene.

Regards,
Daniel
Thanh cao
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Cao Phuc Thanh
Company Details: Star Global JSC
Company Position Title: Applications Engineer

Post by Thanh cao »

pomped wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am Hi Ron,

please check the position of the camera in the 3D view when opening and when locating a scan (position shown in status bar as "Pos: x y z").
If initially it is very large there might be an object (e.g. point) with very large coordinates so the camera is zoomed out very far to show the whole scene.

Regards,
Daniel
I also think so. Scan's coordinate may be too large
Ronsmith1960
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Ronsmith1960 »

Raimund58 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:25 am
Ronsmith1960 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi Tommy

Hi Ron,
Can you please test this problem in another test project?
If you import only three scans into a new project, are you still experiencing problems?
Kind regards
Raimund Klink
Hi Raimund
Yes!! I have tried various test projects all with the same results.
Kind regards
Ron
Ronsmith1960
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts

Post by Ronsmith1960 »

pomped wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:37 am Hi Ron,

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Attached an image showing project i am working on. You can see no 3d view image has appeared even though the scans within the cluster are fully loaded. The pos number Is very large on the status bar??
Regards
Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sim.herrod
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Simeon Herrod
Company Details: Terra Measurement Limited
Company Position Title: 3D Data Manager

Post by sim.herrod »

We're having an issue where 6 of 20 scans will display fine in Quick view, but nothing is visible in 3D view. (Latest version of Scene).

Scans before and after are all fine, just a random in the middle of a job that don't display correctly.

Data has been sent to our vendor support team.
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering

Post by pomped »

To check if it is a problem of large coordinates, open the 3D view and look at the camera position (see red circle in screenshot)
scene.png
If you see very large coordinates probably an object below the scan in the hierarchy exists with large coordinates. You can double check this if you right click on the scan and select locate. The camera should be moved to the actual scan points. Only solution so far is to find the object with the large coordinates and delete it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FARO SCENE”