V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Scanning With BLK

Post by dineshkimraj »

Good day all

Can the BLK be used without the tablet? We usually work in areas where tablets or phones are not allowed. Would it be possible to just scan with the BLK and the Process back in the office?

Thanks
Dinesh
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Re: Scanning With BLK

Post by geomontgomery »

Yep, a tablet with Recap Pro for Mobile or Cyclone Field 360 is not required for general scanning. You could use the BLK 360 Data Manager to alter the initial scan settings on the BLK (exposure, scan quality), and then just use the BLK360 in the field as is for all your scanning, and then come back in the office to register.
James Hall
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James E Hall
Company Details: Dewberry Engineering Inc
Company Position Title: Survey Technician - Cyclone Modeler

Post by James Hall »

geomontgomery wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:36 pm Yep, a tablet with Recap Pro for Mobile or Cyclone Field 360 is not required for general scanning. You could use the BLK 360 Data Manager to alter the initial scan settings on the BLK (exposure, scan quality), and then just use the BLK360 in the field as is for all your scanning, and then come back in the office to register.
Yup what Geomontgomery said. Make sure you setup the scan resolution and images HDR settings and so forth from the iPad for push button scanning.
It's were you adjust the same setting in Recap or the BLK manger software. Do some test scans before you do the job just to make sure the settings are right.

James,
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

James Hall wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:25 pm
geomontgomery wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:36 pm Yep, a tablet with Recap Pro for Mobile or Cyclone Field 360 is not required for general scanning. You could use the BLK 360 Data Manager to alter the initial scan settings on the BLK (exposure, scan quality), and then just use the BLK360 in the field as is for all your scanning, and then come back in the office to register.
Yup what Geomontgomery said. Make sure you setup the scan resolution and images HDR settings and so forth from the iPad for push button scanning.
It's were you adjust the same setting in Recap or the BLK manger software. Do some test scans before you do the job just to make sure the settings are right.

James,
As the above gentlemen have said. Not sure, but you may have a few more settings available in Field 360 app than the data manager app. The one I'm not sure about is the delay in start of scan (Delays the start of scan prior to the beginning of the photos), which wasn't in the first versions.
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech

Post by dineshkimraj »

We should have the scanner before the job so I should be able to do a practice run to ensure everything works properly.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”