RTC360 dat with the wrong position after import

Discuss all Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360 software here.
sakul007
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Luwi
Company Details: own
Company Position Title: geomatik

RTC360 dat with the wrong position after import

Post by sakul007 »

Hey guys,
I am struggling with an odd issue. I use RTC360 data with measured position by internal RTC360 GPS (GNSS ?) module. In the Field360 I somehow rotated the whole point cloud which was not corresponding with north direction.
In Register360 in first step IMPORT, I used pre-registered option, place by Geo-coordinates and whole data looked perfect then.
After the importing process whole point cloud gets back to the wrong rotation angle and looked the same as in the Field360 with my rotation error.

IMPORT step in REG360 and correct rotation to the true north:
wrong rotation angle.png
REVIEW step in REG360 with propagated error from Field360:
wrong rotation angle2.png
An additional question about sphere targets recognition. Why I always get red X for automatically recognized spheres and B/W targets? Even the target was correctly founded I have to do manual targets adding.
bad targets recognition.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
regards

Lukas
elsonj
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: James Elson
Company Details: SCCS
Company Position Title: HDS Support
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: RTC360 dat with the wrong position after import

Post by elsonj »

Hi Lukas ,

In reference to the sphere issue, they will only display a green tick if being used as part of a link.

By using "Match targets" (minimum of 3) and if the targets are located in another setup then they should display a green tick. (See image below)

Regards

James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by pburrows145 »

Did you try using "Place by geo-coordinates" after the import process?

You are aware this will not export the data as per the GNSS positioning - it's purely a visual "thing" to align the images and the scan data. You still need to apply external control to move it to a grid of your choice.
sakul007
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Luwi
Company Details: own
Company Position Title: geomatik

Post by sakul007 »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 pm Did you try using "Place by geo-coordinates" after the import process?

You are aware this will not export the data as per the GNSS positioning - it's purely a visual "thing" to align the images and the scan data. You still need to apply external control to move it to a grid of your choice.
Yes, I used "Place by geo-coordinates" after the import process but it doesn't change rotation angle in "Review and Optimize" step. So the GNSS position will not roughly position my point cloud? Then I have to figure out some other way :)

Thank you for the information!

P.S. Do you know the accuracy of the GNSS module in RTC360?
regards

Lukas

Return to “Leica Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 & Cyclone FIELD 360”