I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matt McDonald
Company Details: BRR Architecture
Company Position Title: Associate
Linkedin Profile: No

BLK360: Disabling Photos Seems to Disable IMU

Post by designmule »

I recently completed my first job using Cyclone Field 360 and the BLK 360. I was pretty rushed so I decided to take advantage of the ability to turn photo capture off. When I later went to register the scans the vast majority were wildly off level. Now I'm sure I didn't check the bubble level on every single scan but I checked it on the majority. I was able to level the scans in Register 360 and everything worked out ok but it took forever.

As a follow up test, I did some scanning in our office with the tripod intentionally off level. Scans which had photo capture enabled came into Register 360 leveled, scans which had photo capture disabled were not level. In some locations I ran the exact same location with photos on and off and the ones with photos on were level while the ones with photos off were not leveled.

Scanner was running firmware 1.2.2.

I wouldn't think this is expected behavior. Anyone else have experience with this?
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: BLK360: Disabling Photos Seems to Disable IMU

Post by geomontgomery »

Hey Design,

There's a new firmware update out of 1.2.3 here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15057

It does not sound like expected behavior, like you said. Try the firmware update, then for the scans not leveled you'll have to level them manually in REG 360.

The intentional off level scans are fine - the BLK360 levels the scan data via IMU so you don't have to level it. You can have the scanner upside down and scan and it should produce leveled results. If there's a bug w/o image data then that needs to be tracked down by your Leica support provider.
JonMag
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Jonathan Magal
Company Details: GeoMJ
Company Position Title: Géomètre

Post by JonMag »

geomontgomery wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 pm Hey Design,

It does not sound like expected behavior, like you said. Try the firmware update, then for the scans not leveled you'll have to level them manually in REG 360.

The intentional off level scans are fine - the BLK360 levels the scan data via IMU so you don't have to level it. You can have the scanner upside down and scan and it should produce leveled results. If there's a bug w/o image data then that needs to be tracked down by your Leica support provider.
Hi, I just start with REG360. How can I level manually my scans with REG360?

Thank you.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

Use the tilt-function in visual alignment (side view) to modify the level if needed. (Or use targets, with or without control).
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

Have you completed the online training courses for REG360 here: https://learning.leica-geosystems.com/login/index.php
ScottErnst
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Scott Ernst
Company Details: Southwest Scanning
Company Position Title: owner

Post by ScottErnst »

Hey Paul, maybe you can help me out with accessing https://learning.leica-geosystems.com/login/index.php. I'm in the US. I have a valid CCP for Register 360 but when I try to access the online training courses I get a message that I don't have a valid CCP or that it is expired. I've called several people at Leica US about how to get logged in to access the training resources and have been told that it's just a European thing and that I need to sign up for training for $300/hour or something like that. Can you tell me how to get access to these training materials? Thanks in advance.
tbwester
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Thad Wester
Company Details: Clarity Scanning
Company Position Title: President

Post by tbwester »

IMU works only during image capture FYI.

Just do one with color, and use that as your home scan world... Will make the rest level.
TimJervis
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Tim Jervis
Company Details: Global Survey
Company Position Title: Business Development Manager

Post by TimJervis »

ScottErnst wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 pm Hey Paul, maybe you can help me out with accessing https://learning.leica-geosystems.com/login/index.php. I'm in the US. I have a valid CCP for Register 360 but when I try to access the online training courses I get a message that I don't have a valid CCP or that it is expired. I've called several people at Leica US about how to get logged in to access the training resources and have been told that it's just a European thing and that I need to sign up for training for $300/hour or something like that. Can you tell me how to get access to these training materials? Thanks in advance.
Hey Scott,

Have you registered your Register360 license in MyWorld? You need to do this before you get access to the online training. At the bottom of your MyWorld account there should be an option to add products - put your EID in here and if you're within CCP you should get access to the online training.
Regards,

Tim
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

tbwester wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:01 pm IMU works only during image capture FYI.

Just do one with color, and use that as your home scan world... Will make the rest level.
I am in the process of checking this Thad - It was my understanding that this has changed with latest FW so even with images off the IMU reading is taken. I will report back once I have confirmation. But yes, your suggestion would work for the time-being.
designmule
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Matt McDonald
Company Details: BRR Architecture
Company Position Title: Associate

Post by designmule »

geomontgomery wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 pm Hey Design,

Sorry I'm slow getting back to these suggestions (my BLK was out in the field). Updating the firmware does not change the behavior.

Thanks for the tip.
Matt

Return to “Leica Geosystems”