FARO releases SCENE 2019.1 and As-Built for AutoCAD Software/ As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

Discuss FARO SCENE software here.
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Marc Zschieschang
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: Product Manager

FARO releases SCENE 2019.1 and As-Built for AutoCAD Software/ As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

Post by MaZschi »

Dear LSF community,

I am happy to inform you about the recent release of:
FARO SCENE 2019.1
FARO As-Built for AutoCAD Software 2019.0
FARO As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

Here you can find the most imortant news:

SCENE 2019.1:

Faster and more versatile export to Autodesk RCP/RCS point clouds
- SCENE allows now to export point cloud data as RCP files as complete project, per cluster, per scan, per selection (selection/ clipping box)
- SCENE has now two export options: 1. Export as ordered data (like in previous versions) 2. Export as unordered data (new - we measured speed improvements up to factor 3.6 compared to option 1.) (Please note: Option 2 uses a new export interface which allows only to write the files in a unordered way. That means after the export scanning positions are not kept in the data leading e.g. to missing bubble views when opened in Recap or when using together with Autodesk AutoCAD and As-Built tools, the ScanNavigation feature will create the scanning positions in the center of the bounding box of the scans. We are working closely with Autodesk to improve the interface and provide you the improvement with an updated version but don't want to hold back the new option as speed improvements are too good.)

Improved context menu's:
- We have migrated the functionality hosted in the context menus from the old UI into the new UI. This applies for context menus from: Planar View, Quick View, 3D View, Cluster/Folder, Scans, Selections, Clipping Boxes. This allows you e.g. to start registration processing from the exploration tab and enables functions like create multiple clipping boxes along axis, reducing the need to work with the old user interface of SCENE

Improved licensing:
- We have implemented a new licensing wizard to help you to ease up your life when it comes to license updates or administration of your licenses.

Improved processing for Freestyle scans:

- SCENE 2019.1 allows in the new user interface to process freestyle scans with the same options like were available in the old user interface. In addition, processing speed was improved and the data quality was increased.

Please note that SCENE 2019.1 works also with a SCENE 2019.0 license. You can find the whats new video, 30 day trial and download ressources here:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/FARO_SCENE/SCENE

FARO As-Built for AutoCAD Software 2019.0
FARO As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

On the As-Built Plugin side we also have some good news:

Compatibility with Autodesk Version 2020
- As-Built for AutoCAD software and As-Built for Autodesk Revit is now compatible with the latest version of AutoCAD, AutoCAD vertical products and Autodesk Revit 2020.

New clash detection
- To pre-simulate if the new design will fit into the as-built situation, we have integrated in both tools a comprehensive function for clash detection. It will support to check up models agains point clouds directly inside the design system inclusive a clash management system and export options of clash lists.

Here you can see some explaining videos to get an impression:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As- ... d_playlist
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As ... t_playlist

FARO Assist
- Evaluation of point cloud data is not always that easy. To support the user of the software we integrated FARO Assist. This allows the user to access learning material and feature descriptions directly from the software itself.

As-Built for AutoCAD Software 2019.0 and As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0 will be available without additional costs for customers under the particular maintenance plans.

Here you can find the needed informations, software downloads and the new, extended trials for 30 days:
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As- ... D_Software
https://knowledge.faro.com/Software/As- ... desk_Revit

Feel free to reach out to me in the forum or via [email protected]

Wish you all a happy scanning, processing and data evaluation.
Last edited by MaZschi on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Zschieschang
sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: FARO releases SCENE 2019.1 and As-Built for AutoCAD Software/ As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

Post by sreed »

Congratulations and good job Marc! Exciting developments and i look forward to using the new release!
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Re: FARO releases SCENE 2019.1 and As-Built for AutoCAD Software/ As-Built for Autodesk Revit 2019.0

Post by MaZschi »

Thank you Scott.

I totally forgot to mention, that the new Quality Manager Version 3 can be also used with the latest SCENE version for free. The quality manager allows you to register projects independent of the size (1000 scans and more) by target based registration and gives you a lot of monitoring tools to keep your registration acuuracy on track and improve if it is out of defined tolerances and thresholds.

Download: https://farosoftwareupdate.webshareclou ... 3.1.17.fpp
Further Info: https://3d-apps.faro-europe.com/produc ... scene-7-1/
Marc Zschieschang
sheartab
I have made 60-70 posts
I have made 60-70 posts
Full Name: Sheartab
Company Details: Arch Eng Design Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by sheartab »

Thanks for the update! Is there any way to generate a Prepared Point Cloud view for a RCP reflected ceiling plan in Revit? I really could use this feature!
JoergB
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Joerg Braunes
Company Details: FARO 3D Software
Company Position Title: product manager

Post by JoergB »

The Prepare Point cloud feature works only for floor plans and not ceiling plans. But you can use the Ortho Image function to create nearly the same result in any other orthographic view.
Jörg Braunes - Product Manager
------------------------------------------------
FARO Europe GmbH & Co. KG
[email protected]
------------------------------------------------
sreed
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Reed
Company Details: Prologue Systems
Company Position Title: Principal
Skype Name: sabotva

Post by sreed »

I was delighted to see the new release of Scene 2019.1. I’ve installed and tested the export of unified scans (individual). Indeed, it is blazing fast! 12 scans to RCS in 12 minutes – no Recap processing required! This is a HUGE improvement.

BUT – when we export the Copy of Scans as *.fls files, Recap cannot import them. We’ve tested on 3 machines now. We are running the 2nd latest Recap 5.0.3.58. Is there a SDK that has not been included in this release? This makes this version unusable for our workflows unless it gets fixed. If there is something we are doing wrong, please advise.
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering

Post by pomped »

sreed wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:43 pm BUT – when we export the Copy of Scans as *.fls files, Recap cannot import them. We’ve tested on 3 machines now. We are running the 2nd latest Recap 5.0.3.58. Is there a SDK that has not been included in this release? This makes this version unusable for our workflows unless it gets fixed. If there is something we are doing wrong, please advise.
Hi Scott,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
The development team is working on a patch release to fix this issue.
Please watch this thread to find further information coming soon: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=14948
SAttaya
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: SAttaya
Company Details: Sev1Tech
Company Position Title: Sr Software Analyst-RemoteSensingEngr

Post by SAttaya »

MaZschi wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:51 am Thank you Scott.

I totally forgot to mention, that the new Quality Manager Version 3 can be also used with the latest SCENE version for free. The quality manager allows you to register projects independent of the size (1000 scans and more) by target based registration and gives you a lot of monitoring tools to keep your registration acuuracy on track and improve if it is out of defined tolerances and thresholds.

Download: https://farosoftwareupdate.webshareclou ... 3.1.17.fpp
Further Info: https://3d-apps.faro-europe.com/produc ... scene-7-1/
Is the Quality Manger version 3.1.17 going to work with the patched version, 2019.1.1 (7.4.1.xxxxx) or whatever you are going to call it?
MaZschi
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts

Post by MaZschi »

SAttaya wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:24 am Is the Quality Manger version 3.1.17 going to work with the patched version, 2019.1.1 (7.4.1.xxxxx) or whatever you are going to call it?
Yes it should work also with the patched version.
Marc Zschieschang
msivil
I have made 80-90 posts
I have made 80-90 posts
Full Name: Marko Sivil
Company Details: Sivil 3d Oy
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by msivil »

Still can't generate Scene 2go materials. Always crashes when creating scan overlays.
Best Regards,
Marko Sivil

www.sivil3d.fi

Return to “FARO SCENE”