I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Matt Stachoni
Company Details: Tutor Perini Corporation
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Cyclone Publisher Pro License

Post by mstachoni »

If you want to use JetStream Enterprise only, then you will need: JetStream PUBLISHER, JetStream ENTERPRISE and JetStream connectors if you are planning to use your server in conjunction with our CloudWorx products (1 per user concurrency required)
Thanks as always - but if I want to use JetStream Enterprise along with the ability to export to LGS and RCP? Will Publisher Pro handle all three tasks?
- Matt
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

Yes :geek:

...and in "batch" from REG360 :D
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 am
mstachoni wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 pm I'll piggyback on this question: Is there a reason to purchase a JetStream Publisher license? Even if you use JetStream?

From my limited research, it seems to be that:
- Cyclone Publisher PRO is the only Publisher that will create LGS and ReCap files;
- You can bring LGS files into JetStream (and export those files back out to LGS from JetStream);
- JetStream Publisher can push the scan data directly to JetStream without a side-publish to LGS first;
- JetStream Publisher can NOT make LGS or RCPs

It looks like if you want all three options (Direct to JetStream Enterprise, LGS and RCP exports) you need to purchase two licenses, each of which is around $8700 US. That seems ... wrong, but I don't know enough to challenge it.
That is wrong, you can effectively move to PUBLISHER Pro from a JetStream/TruView Publisher license. Work locally with your sales team to advise on the upgrade path, I think the PN is 866734...

There is also a path to amalgamate the two licenses and produce a Pub Pro license, if you so wish... again, talk to your local sales team.

Both these options will of course require moving onto a new CCP for Publisher Pro.
We've done what Paul laid out here.

Bottom line-Publisher Pro is a new product with MORE developed capability. Jetstream was Gen 1 version of publishing to Jetstream.
With all the added features GeoTAGs, images, RCP, etc they added the Publisher Pro option.
For us unfortunately ,we decided on the Jetstream and bought Jetstream Publisher BEFORE Publisher Pro was available last year.
So we had that running for a few months before Leica was able to convert that license for a Publisher Pro one (and an upgrade in cost and functionality). You can get 1 year subscriptions for all these (ROI is about 3-4 years till you break even on the SW & CCP costs ). We decided to go the subscription route because the industry and development of the software are moving so fast now.

When I get time I'm going to create a matrix that shows how all these products feed back to growth of the "Mothership" Cyclone. I just hope Hexagon/Leica gradually updates the mothership with more and more processes that take advantage of the processing power now avalable.....but new Coding is very expensive and time consuming
It would be nice if they would adjust their outrageous pricing also and give something back to the people who are investing in making their product grow, instead of just feeding more dividends to the stock-holders by keeping the prices the same or raising them. Even when they are selling more and more licenses.
Even the newest release of Reg 360 has many items that are not complete in their proper function (i.e. limit boxes, rotation, tilt-level) -another reason for that CCP, since it appears from experience that updates to fix bugs in the first releases are let out about every 4-6 months.
rainscan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jeff Rains
Company Details: Rains Architecture
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by rainscan »

This post was somewhat helpful, but the follow-up question is why I can't find Publisher Pro to download anywhere on Leica's site? That and the newest CLM version. I find Publisher Pro data sheets all over, and references to it, but no download. And I already paid for it. Can anyone provide insight or, better yet, links?
LeicaUK_RC
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phil Marsh
Company Details: Leica Geosystems part of Hexagon
Company Position Title: Reality Capture Director UK
Skype Name: Phil.H.Marsh

Post by LeicaUK_RC »

rainscan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59 pm This post was somewhat helpful, but the follow-up question is why I can't find Publisher Pro to download anywhere on Leica's site? That and the newest CLM version. I find Publisher Pro data sheets all over, and references to it, but no download. And I already paid for it. Can anyone provide insight or, better yet, links?
PUBLISHER Pro is not a download as its already built into Cyclone REGISTER or REGISTER 360. Once you apply the license in the CLM these functions are available to use.

Did they send you a new EID?
Leica Geosystems
M: 07540 201383
E: [email protected]
W: www.leica-geosystems.com
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

rainscan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:59 pm This post was somewhat helpful, but the follow-up question is why I can't find Publisher Pro to download anywhere on Leica's site? That and the newest CLM version. I find Publisher Pro data sheets all over, and references to it, but no download. And I already paid for it. Can anyone provide insight or, better yet, links?
CLM 1.8.1000.6 is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksfc2spnbc48r ... 6.exe?dl=0 (or will be shortly as uploading a ton of stuff).
Jason Warren
Administrator
Administrator
Full Name: Jason Warren
Company Details: Laser Scanning Forum Ltd
Company Position Title: Co-Founder
Skype Name: jason_warren
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Jason Warren »

or you can get the latest CLM version here amongst other stuff....
http://www.pointclouds.eu/
Jason Warren
Co_Founder

Dedicated to 3D Laser Scanning
LaserScanningForum

Return to “Leica Geosystems”