V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cyclone Publisher Pro License

Post by dineshkimraj »

Hey everyone. Quick question. Can Cyclone Publisher Pro License replace all other publishing licenses?
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Re: Cyclone Publisher Pro License

Post by pburrows145 »

Publisher Pro is an amalgamation of Cyclone Truview PUBLISHER and Cyclone JetStream PUBLISHER.

In addition, you can publish LGS format data, panoramic images (+EXR data) and also RCP data. (I might have missed something, but the general response to your query is yes.)

However, if you want to view TVE data, you will need a TruView Enterprise lic (or a TruView CLOUD subscription). You can still however push out TruView LOCAL files using Publisher Pro (viewed in IE using an Active X plugin).

If you want to use JetStream data, you will need JetStream Enterprise + connectors for your CloudWorx Plugins.

If you want to use LGS files, you can simply load these to CloudWorx and JetStream Viewer.
dineshkimraj
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dinesh Kimraj
Company Details: Facilities Construction Consultants Ltd
Company Position Title: Senior Reality Capture Tech

Post by dineshkimraj »

In addition, you can publish LGS format data, panoramic images (+EXR data) and also RCP data. (I might have missed something, but the general response to your query is yes.)
That is exactly the info I needed. Thanks
If you want to use JetStream data, you will need JetStream Enterprise + connectors for your CloudWorx Plugins.

If you want to use LGS files, you can simply load these to CloudWorx and JetStream Viewer.
We currently have Jetstream Enterprise and the Connectors, but do you have a preference between JSV and LGS files? Maybe I can get away with just LGS?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

dineshkimraj wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:35 pm
That is exactly the info I needed. Thanks

We currently have Jetstream Enterprise and the Connectors, but do you have a preference between JSV and LGS files? Maybe I can get away with just LGS?
LGS is a step up from JSV. JSV does not support Geotags and several other items. Publisher Pro will publish both, but it is useless to publish JSV with a Publisher Pro license when you can get the more complete LGS with very little size difference
mstachoni
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Matt Stachoni
Company Details: Tutor Perini Corporation
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by mstachoni »

I'll piggyback on this question: Is there a reason to purchase a JetStream Publisher license? Even if you use JetStream?

From my limited research, it seems to be that:
- Cyclone Publisher PRO is the only Publisher that will create LGS and ReCap files;
- You can bring LGS files into JetStream (and export those files back out to LGS from JetStream);
- JetStream Publisher can push the scan data directly to JetStream without a side-publish to LGS first;
- JetStream Publisher can NOT make LGS or RCPs

It looks like if you want all three options (Direct to JetStream Enterprise, LGS and RCP exports) you need to purchase two licenses, each of which is around $8700 US. That seems ... wrong, but I don't know enough to challenge it.
- Matt
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

mstachoni wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:43 pm I'll piggyback on this question: Is there a reason to purchase a JetStream Publisher license? Even if you use JetStream?

From my limited research, it seems to be that:
- Cyclone Publisher PRO is the only Publisher that will create LGS and ReCap files;
- You can bring LGS files into JetStream (and export those files back out to LGS from JetStream);
- JetStream Publisher can push the scan data directly to JetStream without a side-publish to LGS first;
- JetStream Publisher can NOT make LGS or RCPs

It looks like if you want all three options (Direct to JetStream Enterprise, LGS and RCP exports) you need to purchase two licenses, each of which is around $8700 US. That seems ... wrong, but I don't know enough to challenge it.
That is wrong, you can effectively move to PUBLISHER Pro from a JetStream/TruView Publisher license. Work locally with your sales team to advise on the upgrade path, I think the PN is 866734...

There is also a path to amalgamate the two licenses and produce a Pub Pro license, if you so wish... again, talk to your local sales team.

Both these options will of course require moving onto a new CCP for Publisher Pro.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -

Post by Ioannis »

Can anyone explain to me why to pay 4000 euro+VAT for publisher Pro plus 2200 euro+VAT Total 6200 euro plus VAT just to publish our jobs ?
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

Ioannis wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 am Can anyone explain to me why to pay 4000 euro+VAT for publisher Pro plus 2200 euro+VAT Total 6200 euro plus VAT just to publish our jobs ?
You only need the various publishing licenses noted above if you would like to use JetStream/TruView/LGS/RCP etc...

If you want data in E57/PTS/PTX/PTG/ASCII etc, then you do not need any publishing licenses. In fact, if you're using CloudWorx you can read IMP database files without the need to do any type of conversion (if you so wish).

It's all a matter of choice - not everyone wants the "bells and whistles" - hence we offer users the ability to cherry-pick their own bespoke solution.
mstachoni
I have made 30-40 posts
I have made 30-40 posts
Full Name: Matt Stachoni
Company Details: Tutor Perini Corporation
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by mstachoni »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 am ...you can effectively move to PUBLISHER Pro from a JetStream/TruView Publisher license. Work locally with your sales team to advise on the upgrade path, I think the PN is 866734...

There is also a path to amalgamate the two licenses and produce a Pub Pro license, if you so wish... again, talk to your local sales team.

Both these options will of course require moving onto a new CCP for Publisher Pro.
:?

Assuming I want to purchase and implement JetStream Enterprise, and have no Publisher licenses at all, do I need JetStream Publisher Pro to publish from Cyclone directly to JetStream Enterprise? Or can Publisher Pro also publish to JSE? I know I can send LGS to JSE using Publisher Pro, but I don't want a file-based approach to inject scans into JSE if I don't have to.
- Matt
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

If you want to use JetStream Enterprise only, then you will need: JetStream PUBLISHER, JetStream ENTERPRISE and JetStream connectors if you are planning to use your server in conjunction with our CloudWorx products (1 per user concurrency required)

Return to “Leica Geosystems”