P40 + iStar?

Faro FOCUS S350, S150, S70, M70, X30, X130, X130HDR, X330, X330HDR. Leica RTC360, C10, P15, P20, P30, P40, P50, BLK360, HDS6*00, HDS7000,HDS8800, HDS8400. Riegl VZ6000, VZ4000, VZ2000, VZ1000 & VZ400i. Topcon GTL-1000, GLS2200, GLS1500. Trimble X7, X9, X12, SX12, SX10, TX8, TX6, S7 & S9. Z+F IMAGER 5016, 5010X, 5010C, 5006H, 5006EX & PROFILER 9012
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: P40 + iStar?

Post by Ioannis »

What i mean is that in the import command --> supported format .nctri file does not exist. Is it a bug or i make something wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

Click "Import Panoramic Images"
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

I do it but then how I will colourize pointcloud I make right click batch apply multimages but nothing happens
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by steves01x »

Read this, it guides you through it - https://www.nctechimaging.com//download ... -iSTAR.pdf
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

Finally I did it but I see talkative images has low quality maybe it’s better to use a modal Nitja adaptor and camera slr ?
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

Ioannis wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 am Finally I did it but I see talkative images has low quality maybe it’s better to use a modal Nitja adaptor and camera slr ?
The trouble with this is the parallax - you'll struggle to get the images perfectly aligned. If you do go down that route, try not to set the scanner up within 1m of anything like a wall or lamp post.

We still use our iSTAR along with P40's and our trusty C10, though recently we've been using the RTC360 quite a bit for those clients who want great imagery. The images produced by the RTC360 are pretty fantastic :like: and the scans are high quality as well, though don't buy into the automatic registration sales nonsense, save yourself a headache and use targets and plenty of control shot in with a total station. I can't stress this enough. We've used 4 different RTC360's and each time Cyclone imports numerous scans off level.

One downside to the RTC360 images is that currently there's no way to get the high resolution imagery out as a pano. This is a shame because some clients love a pano tour.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by steves01x »

Ioannis wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:30 am Finally I did it but I see talkative images has low quality maybe it’s better to use a modal Nitja adaptor and camera slr ?
You can never beat a real camera / lens to take photos - iStar is a quick fix for a coloured point clound.
Formula1982
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Stephen Ferrari
Company Details: UTEC StarNet Geomatics
Company Position Title: Technical Lead

Post by Formula1982 »

It depends what you mean by 'best'. If you mean the best quality, then yes a very good DSLR with a nodal ninja will give you the best quality. It will allow you to make sure every photo is 'perfect' as you're taking it, then allow you to photoshop each photo to get it to be the best possible.
But...that is a lot of work. Massively adds to both your capture time and processing time. Everything is manual.

If by 'best' you mean easiest, then using the in-built camera is probably the way to go. No swapping equipment, just press play and let the scanner do it. But...it's a slow capture and the quality of the inbuilt camera isn't that great.

If you're looking for a relatively cheap way to significantly upgrade the photo quality on your scans, the iStar is a very good choice.
The downside of it is parallax which is built into the physical design. Don't set up the scanner too close to any objects (try and give yourself a 2m gap but 1m is definitely a minimum) and it'll do a great job for you.

Of course there is no perfect solution which is all things to all people - quick, cheap and gives flawless results.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

I don't want to hack this thread but that's what's great about the riegl. A dslr on top, taking pictures outside when scanning. In darker environments you can choose to take the pictures after so he can analyze the lightning conditions accordingly. When someone is in a picture or something like a car you can easily retake the desired picture. No fuss. #rieglpower
Dslr always gives the best results.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “Terrestrial Laser Scanners [TLS]”