caddman97
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Scene not processing the scans

Post by caddman97 »

Scene 2019. I import the scans and start the processing. Scene zips through the scans and the pops up a failed message. I tried to process one scan and it will not even do singles.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks for the help.
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Scene not processing the scans

Post by pomped »

What is the exact version of SCENE you are using?
Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?
Are you already in contact with FARO Customer Service?
JFlammVDC
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Jason Flamm
Company Details: PARIC Corporation
Company Position Title: VDC Survey Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by JFlammVDC »

How are you importing the scans? In my experience when this happens, I just delete either the problematic scan or all of them and re-import by dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer into the circle on the Import tab screen. This is how I always import scans but you may do something different. It's weird though how sometimes it doesn't like it first try and you have to clean it out and do it over.
PLS MO, AR, MS
Part 107 UAS Pilot
Bengineer
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Benjamin Rackers
Company Details: Schaefer Engineering
Company Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Bengineer »

Hi Jason,

I have experienced this exact issue (or a similar issue with identical symptoms) in the past. Scene would almost instantly fails to process imported scans.

For my issue at least, the problem was a bad import. I've found that using the automatic import from SD, using the "Import Scans" feature, and using "Project Transfer", will often produce the issue you describe.

My preferred method of importing is to manually drag and drop. In the Scans folder on the SD card, I select all of the folders (they are all appended with .fls in the name) and drag them into Scene.

I have stopped having import and processing issues once I switched to this method.
caddman97
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Jason Sturniolo
Company Details: Architectural Firm
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by caddman97 »

Bengineer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm Hi Jason,

I have experienced this exact issue (or a similar issue with identical symptoms) in the past. Scene would almost instantly fails to process imported scans.

For my issue at least, the problem was a bad import. I've found that using the automatic import from SD, using the "Import Scans" feature, and using "Project Transfer", will often produce the issue you describe.

My preferred method of importing is to manually drag and drop. In the Scans folder on the SD card, I select all of the folders (they are all appended with .fls in the name) and drag them into Scene.

I have stopped having import and processing issues once I switched to this method.
Thank you. I have to do the opposite to get scene to process the scans. Dragging and dropping wouldn't work. So I tried import and that allowed me to get the scans processed and registered. Importing though is so slow. It is much easier to drag and drop but if it works I'll do it.

Thanks again for reminding me of the import method.

Return to “FARO”