I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Bobby Fenttiman
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: Revit operator Trainee
Linkedin Profile: No

Faro Scene App & Tablets

Post by bobbyf90 »

Whats everyone using for the on site registration? We are investing in a Faro S70 and I was looking at options for tablets, the Getac range look good with the hot swap battery's and also the Latitude 12 Inch 7212 Rugged Tablet on Dell. I don't want to invest on a scanner with on site registration and get stuck by a tablet that cannot keep up or battery dies too quickly.
TommyMaddox
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tommy R Maddox III
Company Details: ONSITE3D
Company Position Title: Director of Technology
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Faro Scene App & Tablets

Post by TommyMaddox »

I've recommended specific lists for some of my customers that are tablet users.

Surface Pro 6 with rugged case and a couple of external battery packs work out very nicely for example. If you PM me your email I will send you the full list of the tablet setup that is successful for the clients/customers I work with.
MajorDomo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Major Domo
Company Details: VeritasVfx
Company Position Title: ceo

Post by MajorDomo »

I too am looking for information on the onsite registration side of things. I will be scanning in a few weeks with an S series, but am pretty far away from any rep at this stage for a demo.

There's a YouTube video that shows everything else except the actual process in real-time.
I would gladly sit through 45 minutes video to see someone onsite registering with spheres,checkerboards, tild-and-turn, pre-survey and C2C.
At the very least spheres, checkerbiard and C2C

That would answer straight away any questions the users might have. For instance how fast is the transfer? What is the largest picking process like, how long does it take to find the target, does it re-scan the target for higher resolution?
bobbyf90
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Bobby Fenttiman
Company Details: Private
Company Position Title: Revit operator Trainee

Post by bobbyf90 »

Yeah there's not much actual real time examples out there showing the process just fact sheets. I was lucky enough to have a demonstration keeping in mind of some stories I read on here about the transfer of scans to tablet being slow or scene app crashing after a while.

Although the scan transfer did fall behind a little it was only by 1 and it doesn't interrupt actual scanning which is good. The scan times where also quicker at around 4 mins per 1/8 4x colour setup

MajorDomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:44 pm I too am looking for information on the onsite registration side of things. I will be scanning in a few weeks with an S series, but am pretty far away from any rep at this stage for a demo.

There's a YouTube video that shows everything else except the actual process in real-time.
I would gladly sit through 45 minutes video to see someone onsite registering with spheres,checkerboards, tild-and-turn, pre-survey and C2C.
At the very least spheres, checkerbiard and C2C

That would answer straight away any questions the users might have. For instance how fast is the transfer? What is the largest picking process like, how long does it take to find the target, does it re-scan the target for higher resolution?

Return to “FARO”