RiscanPRO ptx to Recap

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
DONATSCH AG
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Fadri Jecklin
Company Details: Civil Engineering an Surveying
Company Position Title: Lead Laserscanning
Linkedin Profile: No

RiscanPRO ptx to Recap

Post by DONATSCH AG »

Hi there
Is anybody else having trouble with Recap Projects created from Riegl's RiscanPRO ptx files? The problem is the loading time it takes to open such a Recap Project. As soon Recap Project is open (in some case takes you 20min to load) everything else works fine. The reason why we use the ptx interface is because of the bubble views in Recap. Those are looking good if we import structured scandata in ptx format.

The problem occurs since we have updated our workstations to win10. The problem occurs on every workstation i have tested with. There is no help so far from ADK. They cannot reproduce the problem, they say..... A collegue in an partner office can reproduce this problem......

If anybody out there works the Riegl - Recap Workflow, every tip is really appreciated.
Thanks
F.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: RiscanPRO ptx to Recap

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Hi,
I've done some stuff from ptx to recap because of the bubble view. It works but is very slow in recap. I think it's a recap problem. Try to decimate to say 1cm. You have that much data that you will have points closer to another because of multiple scans.

What i've done for my clients is to make a standard recap from laz and make a ripano project.

With 2 screens your client can work in the pointcloud and view the pictures and scandata separate in Ripano.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
DONATSCH AG
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Fadri Jecklin
Company Details: Civil Engineering an Surveying
Company Position Title: Lead Laserscanning
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by DONATSCH AG »

Hi
Thank you for your input. It is acutally a bit more complex as i wrote in my first post.
I was wondering if somebody else is struggling over this.

We create Recap Projects out of Riscan ptx files for many years now. Some project works fine, and some not.
We are testing for more then 6 months, again and again. We have tested in different Recap versions on win7 and win10.

If you have luck, Recap works flawless with severall hundred scan positions in it. It actually works flawless in every situation as soon the Recap project is open. But some of the projects need about an hour to open. And we have no idea, why there is such a difference in loading time. Also if the project is stored on a local SSD drive, it makes no difference. Even if if import the same ptx files in the same Recap version two times. One Recap Project opens within seconds, the other takes forever. It's like gambling.....

Cheers F.
Andy H
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrew Hunter
Company Details: METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE
Company Position Title: Senior CAMB Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Andy H »

It may be worth exporting as e57 from RiScan to see if you have the same issue. It isn’t something I have experienced but worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”