I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Patrick
Company Details: LandAir Surveys
Company Position Title: CAD Operator
Linkedin Profile: No

Scene: 'Error Code 3' when exporting to Recap

Post by PatrickJT »

Hi All!

I'm currently working on referencing some scans within scene 7.1.1.81 and I'm running into the same error when I try to export the scans to .rcp format.
Hopefully somebody can help me understand what I'm doing wrong. I've attached an image of the error code that keeps appearing. (i'm working on exporting the barn cluster btw)

The scans are all referenced and when viewed in 3D view appear to sit correctly with each other. When viewed in planar view there are no anomalies either. I trimmed the scans such that all the scans have the blue star on the cloud icon and then saved the project. Once it's done saving I right click on the barn label and go to 'import/export>export as project' Then I choose the Recap option from the menu and set the save location to a drive that has 400gb data (plenty for the scans involved). Then shortly after hitting ok the error in the image appears.

I'm at a loss for what to do, I've repeated the process three times, once after restarting the computer. When I google the error code the only scene results that show up state that:

'Error-code 3 reads, "Internal Error. Unexpected state. Please contact the support team."

Several conditions can cause this error.

Incorrectly registered SDK DLLs – DLLs can be registered manually or with a BAT file. Read this article for more information.
A need to reinstall the LS SDK
Scan file corruption – Click the Registration tab in SCENE. If the preview image of the scan has been replaced with a black scanner icon , the scan file is corrupt. It is a good rule to make backups of scan data before you begin working with the files in SCENE. See the SCENE User Manual and your model laser scanner user manual for details about back up files.'

I've contact support but so far no luck. Does anybody have any experience with how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice, it's much appreciated.

(also first post :))) )

Cheers,

Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pomped
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Daniel Pompe
Company Details: FARO
Company Position Title: Team Lead Software Engineering

Re: Scene: 'Error Code 3' when exporting to Recap

Post by pomped »

Hi Patrick,

FARO recently released SCENE 2019.0. It comes with a 30 days trial license. So my suggestion ist, to download and install 2019.0 and see if the problem is already fixed. If not, you are in good hands with FARO customer service. You might have to provide the project for further investigations.

Best regards,
Daniel
JackM
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jack
Company Details: SpectisGB
Company Position Title: Technical Manager

Post by JackM »

Exporting to Recap has always been a bit painful from Scene.

It's honestly easier to export all the scans from Scene (fls is fine) then create a fresh recap project, import the scans and skip registration as they're already registered.

It's nice and quick to export the scans from Scene and importing them directly into a fresh Recap project seems to be much quicker than a direct export from Scene too.
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

JackM wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:19 am Exporting to Recap has always been a bit painful from Scene.

It's honestly easier to export all the scans from Scene (fls is fine) then create a fresh recap project, import the scans and skip registration as they're already registered.

It's nice and quick to export the scans from Scene and importing them directly into a fresh Recap project seems to be much quicker than a direct export from Scene too.
The same workflow here. Exporting to recap is extremely slow compared to direct import.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
K.James
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Ken Pearson
Company Details: Axon Laser Scans Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by K.James »

Hi Patrick,

Apologies delayed response... due to not being online recently.

In answer to your question, I also encounterd this error which has now happened twice and in both case with projects that exceeded 400+ scans. I subsequently discovered that because our SSD/HDD drives did not have sufficent space to accomaodate the export process. I can only assume there is a huge amount of temporary file data being processed which requires space for not only the orginal file and the proposed RCP file but also this 'temp' data.

Once I used a much larger drive I overcame this problem.

This may be a tad too late for you on this project but may be of help with in future ones and other members on the forum.

James
PatrickJT
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Patrick
Company Details: LandAir Surveys
Company Position Title: CAD Operator

Post by PatrickJT »

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to use Recap to create the .RCP files from now on rather than using scene.

Return to “FARO”