V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Jetstream question

Post by Ioannis »

I have take an avaluation code 15 days for jetstream, when i make right click in Cyclone at a model space the following message appears. I want to take after publish a.jsv file to share it locally with my clients how i will do this ?
The evaluation code have benn installed correctly.
May i need something else?
Local Leica distributor do not know how to solve it... :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Re: Jetstream question

Post by geomontgomery »

You don't have any storage locations, that's why it won't let you store in Jetstream. Are you storing in Jetstream on the same server as where your modelspace is located? Have you gone into the Jetstream admin tool, or do you have Jetstream installed right now?
Publishing a JSV is done in the Jetstream Admin tool, not inside of Cyclone. The image you shared is the first step to store a Cyclone project in to Jetstream. After that you will see your projects in a list in the Jetstream Admin tool, and you can publish to JSV.

EDIT:

If your goal is only to create a viewer file of the cloud to send to someone, you should be publishing to LGS, not to JSV. If your local leica dealer can give you a EID for Publisher Pro, then you can open a model space, publish to LGS and then send that file to the user to view. Latest Jetstream Viewer can view either LGS or JSV files. This way you also bypass having to store in Jetstream, if that was never your goal in the first place.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

Υes I just install it , all projects is done on my pc not on a server however the button in screen shot seems not to be active why ? Also store in Jetstream button why is inactive ? Publisher pro is a different license ? I think it has 7000 euro plus vats cost and the simple publisher 4000 euro plus vats!
Yuelin
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Yuelin
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Lead software engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Yuelin »

Hi Ioannis,

You need to click "Test" button first to test/connect JetStream server, then you can select the storage on the server, and click "Store in JetStream" button.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Ioannis wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 pm Υes I just install it , all projects is done on my pc not on a server however the button in screen shot seems not to be active why ? Also store in Jetstream button why is inactive ? Publisher pro is a different license ? I think it has 7000 euro plus vats cost and the simple publisher 4000 euro plus vats!
Loannis

Welcometo Leica :/
To publish to any Leica Enterprise cloud solution you need a publisher license
If you have Jetstream Enterprise loaded on your local machine, then your storage location needs to be on your local machine also
But, to PUBLISH out a Jetstream JSV (portable file) or LGS (portable file) you also have to have a demo license of Publisher or Publisher Pro in ADDITION to the Jetstream Enterprise service, along with the Jetstream Admin tool (and there should be a Jetstream Viewer to load also,

Only Publisher Pro will publish an LGS file (basically a JSV file with a lot of other scanner info in it including GeoTags and Random Images and Thermal images stored in a Register 360 file which it sounds like you don't have.(Not sure what all it exports from Cyclone)
LGS file is the newest and most complete portable file
You need to get some support documentation to make sure you have everything set up right.
George is right though-nothing is going to work until you have Jetstream Admin set up correctly and a storage location.
In Register 360 you can publish everything JSV portable, LGS, Jetstream Enterprise, etc.
LGS format will be the most useful for passing around-by a long shot.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

''To publish to any Leica Enterprise cloud solution you need a publisher license''

So as i understand Publish Licence is only for cloud storage not local ?

''In Register 360 you can publish everything JSV portable, LGS, Jetstream Enterprise, etc.
LGS format will be the most useful for passing around-by a long shot.''

So if i bought an extra licence for Cyclone 360 i will have lgs publish option without buying publisher extra licenses ?

Also can anyone explain us how the following graph works ? What licences must have in order to work with another ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

Any vendor to answer us ?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

Ioannis wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:59 am ''To publish to any Leica Enterprise cloud solution you need a publisher license''

So as i understand Publish Licence is only for cloud storage not local ?

''In Register 360 you can publish everything JSV portable, LGS, Jetstream Enterprise, etc.
LGS format will be the most useful for passing around-by a long shot.''

So if i bought an extra licence for Cyclone 360 i will have lgs publish option without buying publisher extra licenses ?

Also can anyone explain us how the following graph works ? What licences must have in order to work with another ?
From what we have worked with hands on, and we have had Multiple demo licenses of multiple modules over the last 2-1/2 years- this is what I understand. Any Leica people out there can correct me.

Cyclone the original Base program could be used as a viewer basically for *.imp database files and that's about it. Start building Modules on top of that and you get gradual granular capabilities. If you have a Cyclone base license (Required for Register 360 also), you can PUBLISH items out of Cyclone if you have a Publisher/Publisher Pro license

Register -Register and managing point clouds, limit boxes, etc
Model -Heavy duty modeling all the bells & Whistles
Survey -Survey related data extraction tools
Topo - ???
Publisher - different Publisher license for what you need Jetstream/Truview
Publisher Pro-Necessary to Publish LGS and includes publishing to TruView & Jetstream portable and Enterprise

If you buy the Cyclone license with Cyclone Register - You get Register 360 as a "Freebie"- but you can NOT use the two simultaneously as they both access the same "Register" license capability.
"Exporting" and "Publishing" are two different terms in Leica's world
You can Export formats *.PTS, *.PTX, *.E57 and Registration reports out of both products.
Publishing means writing out a Truview portable, Truview Enterprise, Jetstream Portable, Jetstream Enterprise, or a newer LGS file.

You can import an LGS file into Cyclone, but you can NOT import one into Register 360 (????)

Register 360 is their new multi-threaded Register and exporting Program that was released Summer 2017 to coincide with the release of the BLK360 and the newer RTC360 scanners. Neither product was complete when released and they have been slowly tweaking the bugs out and adding bits of functionality. RTC has been better than the BLK, but the accompanying Field 360 mobile app for the RTC (and hopefully in the future the BLK) has had a few bugs in it.
Where-as the Flagship Cyclone can actually fully edit a point cloud, Register 360 can Manage different "Hiding clips" on the cloud, but not reduce the size or density of a cloud database once ingested. Though it can manage the size Published out, at least I think they intend it to.
Here is a link to the BLK360 related software -which much is used also with Cyclone. Cyclone Register is for sale on this site but the other modules aren't. They were earlier last year....... https://lasers.leica-geosystems.com/blk ... 0-software
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

Anyone have a problem like this.
I have registered a point cloud and attached to a grid coordinate system and then published out to several formats from Register 360
LGS, E57, TruView Local
When I try ti import the LGS file into Jetstream Admin, I get this message after it looks like it is partially importing.....

Importing_LGS_to_JS_Admin_2019-03-04_1642.png
Importing_LGS_to_JS_Admin__error_2019-03-04_1642.png
Ioannis
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Ioannis »

LGS format will be the most useful for passing around by a long shot.''

So if i bought an extra license for Cyclone 360 i will have lgs publish option without buying publisher extra licenses? ''

Can please anyone answers as in the above post?

Return to “Leica Geosystems”