I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Md Mahmud Hossin
Company Details: University of Twente
Company Position Title: MSc Student
Skype Name: mamoon.ju
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Extract coordinates of centre plot from TLS data

Post by mamoon.ju »

I have taken 30 sample plots (12.62 m radius) using Riegl VZ 400 from mangrove forest. I took 4 scan position (using circular plot) in each plot. I have already processed it and extracted tree height and DBH from point clouds. Now I need to identify coordinates of center plot location from my TLS data. I am using RiScan Pro software for processing the TLS data. Can anyone help me to identify the center scan position coordinate in RiScan pro software?
joe.3dlm
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Joe Beeching
Company Details: GeoSLAM Ltd
Company Position Title: Customer Success Manager

Re: Extract coordinates of centre plot from TLS data

Post by joe.3dlm »

HI Mahmud

You can switch on the "Data Readout" panel (View > Data readout), and this will display the coordinates of the point under the mouse pointer as you move around the scan view:

(Click the gif to open it if it isn't displaying properly)

data readout.gif

You can change the coordinate system using the toggle button at the top of the panel.

If you want a more precise way of displaying the coordinates, use the "Create new point object" tool and SHIFT+left click to mark a point

create point.gif

Hope this helps

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mamoon.ju
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Md Mahmud Hossin
Company Details: University of Twente
Company Position Title: MSc Student
Skype Name: mamoon.ju

Post by mamoon.ju »

Dear Joe
Thank you so much for your kind support. I have got values of X, Y and Z are 1.524 m, 15.282 m and -1.377 m (please refer to attached screenshot) respectively in global coordinate system. But how can I convert it to real location coordinates like UTM or Decimal Degree.

Actually, for my MSc research, I collected 30 TLS sample plots and UAV images of same area. Now I want to identify my TLS sample plot location from TLS data to exactly identify the location in UAV orthomosaic. That's why I need TLS coordinate.

Anyway, thank you so much.

Kind regards
Mahmud
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
joe.3dlm
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Joe Beeching
Company Details: GeoSLAM Ltd
Company Position Title: Customer Success Manager

Post by joe.3dlm »

hi again

You need to georeference your TLS project - do you have any ground control points or targets that are visible in the scan data, which also have UTM coordinates?

I assume you didn't use the scanner's built-in GPS receiver - or if you did, you got poor results due to the tree canopy?

Joe

Return to “Riegl”