V.I.P Member
Full Name: Ioannis Papas
Company Details: techical office
Company Position Title: CEO
Skype Name: -
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica RTC360 Reality Capture Solution

Post by Ioannis »

Can you please calculate for us field time per set up and after you finish the registration the total office time ?
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Partnership
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Post by Jamesrye »

Just following up on my earlier post, whilst the image detail and quality is great, the automatic tone mapping is not optimised well. Below, you can see one of the 360's had a weird purple hue (left) - I was able to manipulate this in Cyclone by clicking on the scan and going to "tone map pano image". It's worth noting that most of the images did not exhibit such a weird hue. It's really where there was a big difference between light and dark areas that they needed adjusting under the "Reinhard" tab to lighten up and reveal the data in the darker zones.
tone map.jpg
On the plus side, I used the vis and cloud alignment to register the 53 scans together (small project). I had surveyed a chunk of road around 300m long. Control points were at the beginning and end, with two in the middle. The control was levelled in.
errors.jpg
Pretty pleased with that. I also had targets in my scans, so will re-register using those to see if the plan accuracy improves at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

jmiller2103 are you using VIS when your getting the issue in Cyclone, if not how well have people managed to scan (no colour, no VIS)then importing straight to Cyclone Register?
jmiller2103 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:19 am
A Major bugbear that we are finding in numerous jobs is that on import into cyclone register the scans are coming in at an angle whether its 10,45 or even at 90 degrees we have had them all. We have tried deleting and re importing all the way back to the raw but with the same result. The only way then to fix this is with the old fashioned 3 point pick in that lovely wizard.
Jay
)
jmiller2103
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Jay Miller
Company Details: Madigan Surveying
Company Position Title: Surveyor draftsman 3D modeler

Post by jmiller2103 »

steves01x wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 pm jmiller2103 are you using VIS when your getting the issue in Cyclone, if not how well have people managed to scan (no colour, no VIS)then importing straight to Cyclone Register?
A Major bugbear that we are finding in numerous jobs is that on import into cyclone register the scans are coming in at an angle whether its 10,45 or even at 90 degrees we have had them all. We have tried deleting and re importing all the way back to the raw but with the same result. The only way then to fix this is with the old fashioned 3 point pick in that lovely wizard.
Jay
Steve,
yes we always leave the VIS on because I believe this speeds up registration dramatically even when the scans are angled. I must admit since this post, both jobs I have completed I have not had this angled scan problem, both have been small jobs less than 50 scans, but jobs with more than 150 we usually get a few angled ones.

Whilst I am here I would like to ask a Leica Representative to please look into importing registrations into each other within core cyclone register, when I say this I mean when importing one registration into another, say you scanned on different days and you wish to make a c2c between these two registrations you get an ungrouped registration come across when you import it into your previous days registration( when previously it was in one group), this makes the combining of the registrations messy, especially when you have larger jobs over two weeks and a lot of ungrouped scans. It is a lot neater and easier to follow when there is one group. I do not know if it is an easy fix but for one registration to be imported into to another and remain grouped so then a simple c2c can be done and simply merge two days of scanning into one group.

Thanks
stuartbuckett
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Stuart Buckett
Company Details: Water Corporation
Company Position Title: Principal Surveyor

Post by stuartbuckett »

Is anyone else having issues with the RTC360 Data Slowing Cyclone down to a snails pace?

Anything after 150 scans Cyclone becomes un-usable almost, only in that registration...

Our standard is Full Res Scans with imagery and about 150+ scans a day (4.2gb per scan)
ive just finished registering 600 scan project of and offshore platform and it took way too long (2 days)
i can normally get P series data registered for every 100 scans in about 2 hours so we normally register the same day as capture and add to a master registration.

Computer Specs arent the issue.
7700K processor with GTX1070 and 64GB of RAM

I do like the RTC360, its a shame its still riddled with issues, and cyclone has more Bugs now than 10 years ago... :lol:
Reinfdeer Cyclone 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stuartbuckett
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Stuart Buckett
Company Details: Water Corporation
Company Position Title: Principal Surveyor

Post by stuartbuckett »

jmiller2103 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:15 am
steves01x wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 pm jmiller2103 are you using VIS when your getting the issue in Cyclone, if not how well have people managed to scan (no colour, no VIS)then importing straight to Cyclone Register?
Jay
Steve,
yes we always leave the VIS on because I believe this speeds up registration dramatically even when the scans are angled. I must admit since this post, both jobs I have completed I have not had this angled scan problem, both have been small jobs less than 50 scans, but jobs with more than 150 we usually get a few angled ones.

Whilst I am here I would like to ask a Leica Representative to please look into importing registrations into each other within core cyclone register, when I say this I mean when importing one registration into another, say you scanned on different days and you wish to make a c2c between these two registrations you get an ungrouped registration come across when you import it into your previous days registration( when previously it was in one group), this makes the combining of the registrations messy, especially when you have larger jobs over two weeks and a lot of ungrouped scans. It is a lot neater and easier to follow when there is one group. I do not know if it is an easy fix but for one registration to be imported into to another and remain grouped so then a simple c2c can be done and simply merge two days of scanning into one group.

Thanks

YES!!! im experiencing the same issues with Grouping of registrations
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by steves01x »

Are days 01 and days 02 scans both grouped in their own registrations? If so when you import one in to the other, one will go to the ungrouped folder, use the visual align on a few overlapping scans, optimise etc then freeze / open new model space and they should all be registered?

With the speeds people claiming, i can see some jobs allowing for 150 to 200 set ups per 8 hours so the 3 point click will be a nightmare! :lol:
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

steves01x wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 am Are days 01 and days 02 scans both grouped in their own registrations? If so when you import one in to the other, one will go to the ungrouped folder, use the visual align on a few overlapping scans, optimise etc then freeze / open new model space and they should all be registered?

With the speeds people claiming, i can see some jobs allowing for 150 to 200 set ups per 8 hours so the 3 point click will be a nightmare! :lol:
I have done close to 50 scans in less than 2hrs with the RTC360, so yes it's possible to do 150 to 200 scans in 8hours, the plus is they all can be pre registered. That will be at least 500GB file on import, which will take forever when you are not at the office, using a laptop and external Hard Drive.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by steves01x »

Scan-Ninja wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:10 pm
steves01x wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 am Are days 01 and days 02 scans both grouped in their own registrations? If so when you import one in to the other, one will go to the ungrouped folder, use the visual align on a few overlapping scans, optimise etc then freeze / open new model space and they should all be registered?

I have done close to 50 scans in less than 2hrs with the RTC360, so yes it's possible to do 150 to 200 scans in 8hours, the plus is they all can be pre registered. That will be at least 500GB file on import, which will take forever when you are not at the office, using a laptop and external Hard Drive.
500gb with or without colour?
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

steves01x wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 pm
Scan-Ninja wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:10 pm

500gb with or without colour?
It was with Color.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”