V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 am If you have an active CCP for REGISTER you will need to upgrade to 9.2 and rehost the license to get access to REGISTER 360. If you do not have an active CCP then contact your local sales team, otherwise you will not get 9.2 or REG360 access.

If you have bought REG360 as a standalone solution, you will need an entitlement ID (EID) from your local sales team (normally sent via PDF as an email).

Ensure you have read all the release notes before proceeding.
YES QUITE. Read the release notes
Found out there were previous issues with applying Control to Bundles that we were not aware of and not even given the latest version of software on MyWorld when ordered June 26, 2018 (v.1.4.3)

Part of th new issues with the current version of software
Known Issues
• Virtual Machine (VM) environments are not supported.
• Remote Desktop is only supported if Cyclone REGISTER 360 is opened in the remote computer
first. Trying to open Cyclone REGISTER 360 through remote desktop is not supported.
• Cyclone REGISTER 360 will not detect the dedicated graphics card on computers with multiple
graphics cards. Users must manually set the dedicated card for use with Cyclone REGISTER 360.
This is done with the Nvidia Control Panel for Nvidia graphics cards, or with the Catalyst Control
Center for ATI\AMD graphic cards
• Importing data over a network can cause issues, especially on Windows 10. The workaround is to
copy the scan data to a local disk.
• If memory issues arise check and make sure that the virtual memory size is set to the same size
as RAM.
• Automatic image matching of imported panoramic images may not always be correct.
• Deleting points with the fence tool shows a low-density version of the deleted cloud after deletion.
Moving the view will remove these points.
• The zoom scale bar will be captured in the image in the import area using the on-line map.
• Leica ScanStation P16, P30, and P50 data is marked as P40 data in the import area.
• Project thumbnails (the image shown in the project selector) are not preserved in the *.raf export
file.
• F1 contextual help will not work with Microsoft Edge browser as the default browser. The
workaround is to use Chrome or Firefox as the default browser.
• The auto extraction of Black & White targets will not extract targets from detail scans. The extractor
works on the main scan only. The targets can be manually extracted from the detail scans after
import.
• Files written to the temp folder at C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp\Register360, will be
deleted after the program closes. These files will NOT be deleted if the program freezes or crashes.
• In rare cases the bundle will show an optimized state, but there is still an unoptimized link in the
bundle (not shown with a dotted line). Optimize the bundle to resolve the issue or split the bundle
into smaller bundles and look for the suspect dotted line link, delete this link and re-optimize.
• The Sitemap name cannot have non-Latin (Japanese, Chinese, etc) characters for publishing to
TruView Enterprise or TruView Cloud to work. The currently active Project should not be re-named
from the Projects & Storage settings. You should close the project before renaming it.
• After editing the tone map image, the project needs to be re-opened to see the edited image.
• When a setup has a UCS created from it, the UCS must first be deleted before the setup can be
deleted from the project.
• On rare occasions HDR images may appear grey with very little variation. The workaround is to
open the image with the Tone Map Editor and re-save the image.
• After the first publish event in the Report area there is a known issue that prevents another publish
event. The workaround is to re-start Cyclone REGISTER 360 or click the cancel button in the Report
area and then directly re-enter the Report area.
• Some graphic card anomalies can be caused by power management software. Please turn off by
setting the power management profile to High performance.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

Scan-Ninja wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 pm After applying the control, Why can't my registration make the adjustment to the Control?
You need to lock the links. We had the same problem. Once cloud to cloud was completed then you could apply control. If you are using the newest version, I'm not sure that the optimize to targets only is still there. Once the cloud to cloud is done THEN apply control to the bundle.
Someone else straightened me out on that one
Scan-Ninja
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Fabien
Company Details: Amec Foster Wheeler
Company Position Title: Geomatics Project Manager

Post by Scan-Ninja »

gsisman wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:54 pm
Scan-Ninja wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:47 pm After applying the control, Why can't my registration make the adjustment to the Control?
You need to lock the links. We had the same problem. Once cloud to cloud was completed then you could apply control. If you are using the newest version, I'm not sure that the optimize to targets only is still there. Once the cloud to cloud is done THEN apply control to the bundle.
Someone else straightened me out on that one
There was a bug in the last version, even on the Beta version of the update. They are aware of it and said that it will be address in the next release.
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

CaptureRI wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 pm Hi All,

I've downloaded the Register360 but have yet to receive a license. Does anyone know how I should go about obtaining a license #?

Thanks,
Correct me if I am wrong but that appears to be a JetStream server its looking for?
geomontgomery
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: George Montgomery
Company Details: ECE Design
Company Position Title: Support Manager

Post by geomontgomery »

ericguizzetti wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:32 am
CaptureRI wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:05 pm Hi All,

I've downloaded the Register360 but have yet to receive a license. Does anyone know how I should go about obtaining a license #?

Thanks,
Correct me if I am wrong but that appears to be a JetStream server its looking for?
@CaptureRI - type in CLM

Then either connect to your remote license server (1-3), or activate your EID locally (4) (license entitlement)

If you're using a remote license server, then type that in when you launch Register 360 as well, that's what it's asking for.

If you don't have an EID number, you should go back to whoever you purchased the software from and request one. These numbers are always in the format of 00000-00000-00000-00000-00000.
ericguizzetti
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Construction and Engineering
Company Position Title: RealityCapture

Post by ericguizzetti »

markscan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm Can Cyclone Register 360 import “old” .imp Cyclone file?
someone quote me if I am wrong by Register 360 can only import data from scanner or e57 file. I can't believe you can't import LGS files...
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

ericguizzetti wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:26 am
markscan wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm Can Cyclone Register 360 import “old” .imp Cyclone file?
someone quote me if I am wrong by Register 360 can only import data from scanner or e57 file. I can't believe you can't import LGS files...
LGS can not be read into REGISTER 360.

LGS can be read into: Cyclone, CloudWorx, JetStream Servers, TruView Cloud and Enterprise.
topogeo
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: piercarlo roasio
Company Details: studio roasio
Company Position Title: titolare
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by topogeo »

Register360 seems the poor brother of Cyclone ..
Will grow ?
Will be included all the features of Cyclone ..or there will be two years for two products?
As an inexperienced user .. I tried to learn only Register360 .. avoiding Cyclone as very very complex ..
But if Cyclone continues to remain a step forward .. maybe it 's better that you learn to use it ???

Piercarlo
topo31
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Jorge Martin
Company Details: huso28
Company Position Title: Engineering Surveyor

Post by topo31 »

topogeo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:33 am Register360 seems the poor brother of Cyclone ..
Will grow ?
Will be included all the features of Cyclone ..or there will be two years for two products?
As an inexperienced user .. I tried to learn only Register360 .. avoiding Cyclone as very very complex ..
But if Cyclone continues to remain a step forward .. maybe it 's better that you learn to use it ???

Piercarlo

I also asked myself that question.
I'm a new user in laser scanning, and register360 seems more friendly than cyclone register, although I start to find it limited.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

topo31 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 am
topogeo wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:33 am Register360 seems the poor brother of Cyclone ..
Will grow ?

Piercarlo

I also asked myself that question.
I'm a new user in laser scanning, and register360 seems more friendly than resister, although I start to find it limited.
My guess is a total overhaul of Cyclone is prohibitive, but the root code is pretty old -now maybe 15-20 years. Until they can recoup the software programming costs, they will probably be eeking out partial migration of Cyclone features into Cyclone Register 360 to keep the CCP costs justifiable, until you have the same REGISTER features that are available in the Cyclone version (in a more multi-threaded environment).
The big ones right now are limit boxes and better editing tools for clean up of scenes, along with CORRECT and seemless exports. If they would add LAS to their exports also!
The added features on the RTC 360 help with some of that (double scan, but as Pier Carlo put it -it still misses things. (We have our own double scan examples to post soon). Hoping also that they added some of the functionality of the RTC into the BLK360. (Connecting to Field 360 and using the IMU to roughly place scans along with a kind of Pre-registering in the field and writing thos same files back to the scanner so the imports bring in all the Field Pre-register stuff) -that would completely knock the need for use of ReCAP in the solution- which by the way there is a new version out.

Return to “Leica Geosystems”