V.I.P Member
Full Name: Scott Page
Company Details: Scott Page Design- Architectural service
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: FARO Focus 3D S120 Rebooting loop problem

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm
jcoco3 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:06 pm ...
Yeah, I can see where the confusion is, and I hope to clear this up. I believe that reference to an "SD card glitch" has been mistaken as a problem with the external SD card, when they really meant to say internal SD card. I remember receiving a repair report from Faro a very long time ago that referenced an "internal SD card" when we had a boot issue. From what I currently believe, the external SD card(the card the scans are stored on) has absolutely nothing to do with any boot issues on the scanner and all errors reporting repair of the SD card are unrelated to boot issues. If others have had an issues where the scanner would not boot or boot loop due to a problem with the external SD card I would like to know about it, and I am sure Faro would too.
Though I thought that the error/warning referred to the 'external SD' card, I agree with Jonathan that it was the 'internal' memory hardware that likely tripped the warning -not the external SD card -which I never pull out without first shutting down the unit properly. None on my raw data was lost or corrupted -except, of course, for the last scan position. It's an internal issue, probably hardware failure.~S
Let's call the internal SD card, a 4gb 'microSD' card, so there is less confusion. That was the card that I had trouble with (it contains the firmware), otherwise it passed calibration for the second time at the FARO service center -not bad after six years of steady use.
hoho
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: jan antropius
Company Details: 3DMS
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by hoho »

We have the same issue with our Focus 120. Let's say the internal micro SD card is corrupt, there must be a way to make a copy/format and copy new firmware on it. Does anyone have an idea where to get the operation system/firmware from? Is there any way to copy the inner Micro SD to the SD card or computer?

Thanks Jan
Oliver Buerkler
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Oliver Buerkler
Company Details: FARO Europe GmbH
Company Position Title: Director of Laser Scanning
Skype Name: oliver_buerkler
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Oliver Buerkler »

Hello all.

If you have problems with your FARO scanner, the best source for help is you local FARO customer support team.
The colleagues there are happy to help you solving your issues.

Best regards
Oliver Bürkler
Oliver Bürkler
Director of Laser Scanning
FARO Europe GmbH
[email protected]
[email protected]

Twitter: FARO_LS_PM
Fabiocrovetto
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: fabio crovetto
Company Details: studio crovetto
Company Position Title: Titolare

Post by Fabiocrovetto »

help Scott
Milan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Milan Burg
Company Details: Milan
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by Milan »

IMG_0148.JPG
To keep this discusion live for a while, also, i have same issue with my 3D S120 Scanner, after update firmware and made couple of scan, suddenly the scanner want turn on, goes in continius boot loop. I asked help from Faro Europe (Thanks Mr.Bürkler and thanks to Andrej from Faro dealer from Ljubljana), they asked to much for my budget right now, more over, i'm new in the bussines, not to mention that i don't finish the first job properly. Anyway, internal SD card is corrupt, that's normal to be happend, OS is LINUX inside as far as I know, I only ask if any (reffer to geek_IM post) are capable to do such job. Seems to me piece of cake for real LINUX guy. I don't think there's any additional protection made by Faro to make all proces impossibile. Let Faro Service be use for serious problem and calibraton :) . Appreciate any help, keep scanning the world, regards to all, davor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milan
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Milan Burg
Company Details: Milan
Company Position Title: CEO

Post by Milan »

Hi to all, i'd like to inform that "S120 rebooting boot problem" issue has been succesfully solved. We are into the game again, thanks to all people who partecipate on my PM to solve the problem. Finally i guess, it cost some time, money and nervs, but worth it.
Milan wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:52 pm IMG_0148.JPGTo keep this discusion live for a while, also, i have same issue with my 3D S120 Scanner, after update firmware and made couple of scan, suddenly the scanner want turn on, goes in continius boot loop. I asked help from Faro Europe (Thanks Mr.Bürkler and thanks to Andrej from Faro dealer from Ljubljana), they asked to much for my budget right now, more over, i'm new in the bussines, not to mention that i don't finish the first job properly. Anyway, internal SD card is corrupt, that's normal to be happend, OS is LINUX inside as far as I know, I only ask if any (reffer to geek_IM post) are capable to do such job. Seems to me piece of cake for real LINUX guy. I don't think there's any additional protection made by Faro to make all proces impossibile. Let Faro Service be use for serious problem and calibraton :) . Appreciate any help, keep scanning the world, regards to all, davor
dmitry.dm
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Dmitry
Company Details: EuroChem
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by dmitry.dm »

How was this problem solved? Recovery the internal SD card or in the FARO service?
Eduardo P.
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Eduardo tairo
Company Details: Geomeridian sac
Company Position Title: Gerente
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Eduardo P. »

Interesado en el Tema, alguien con este problema actualmente? o la nueva gama de equipos Faro presenta "cero fallos" .
Interested in the topic, anyone with this problem currently? or the new range of Faro equipment presents "zero faults".
3DForensics
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Company Position Title: Owner
Skype Name: eliscio

Post by 3DForensics »

I have not had this issue on any of the newer X or S series scanners.
adriano
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Adriano Gonzales
Company Details: UTN Argentina
Company Position Title: Engineer

Post by adriano »

i have similar problem with faro focus x-130, at the project running currently. after i have completed scan with many position,suddenly the display is blink, the scanner is turn off by self. I think this is caused by high temperature, i wait for a moment, then turn on again the scanner, but the problem the scanner only perform booting loop, there is not present the menu. i tried to turn on again without sd card but the same. Does this happened, because I am scanning in an area with high temperature and sunlight exposure?The object that I scanned was a 5th level pipe rack with steam and fumes in the surrounding area

Return to “FARO”