I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Richard Steffen PhD
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

PointCab has released new version 3.7

Post by RSteffen »

Among other functions the new version includes a new 3D point cloud viewer and an enhanced free WebExport.

With the Point Cloud Viewer you can navigate fluently in even large point clouds and check the registration if necessary. The displayed data can be adjusted e. g. the level of detail or the point size. Point clouds can also be limited to a desired horizontal area in order to obtain a horizontal section.

The enhanced WebExport makes it possible to pass on the evaluations securely via flash drive or own web space to customers or project partners without the need of paid external server space or the restriction to share the data with third parties. The files are compressed and exported as an HTML file and can be opened and viewed in a modern standard web browser.

The exported data can also be used to measure lengths, heights or areas and import these measurements into CAD as JSON or DXF. Here, too, the display can be adjusted in several ways after the export, such as showing and hiding point clouds or adjusting the point size.
Another new feature is the possibility to include videos or vector graphics in the export, which have been recorded on site.

The new videos shows what’s new:
WebExport (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JskwvAP10F8) or
3D point cloud viewer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXs3uTCfZTY).

A free testversion can be downloaded at http://www.pointcab-software.com/en/.
paranoiahasu
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: ANIL
Company Details: Mergen3D
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: PointCab has released new version 3.7

Post by paranoiahasu »

webexport looks very useful. What are the navigation options for web browser? Can we navigate in walk mode?
Good job btw!
RSteffen
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Richard Steffen PhD
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by RSteffen »

Hi,

the webexport is based on the potree technologie. Have a look to the video to see the navigation.
You can open the point cloud view in a new tab by mouse wheel click on the scan in the bottom selection bar.
Actually, there is only one limitation in the webexport. You can not use georeferenced coordinates. We will remove this limitation with the next update. Because we implemented the html export using html iframes, one can easily insert the point cloud export into an own website.

Regards,
Richard
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

I've betatested it and find the new webexportfunction a very good addition. They always add godd new functionalities in their versions. Can recommend them highly!
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “PointCab”