Forum Supporter
Full Name: Mark Francis
Company Details: Leica Geosystems
Company Position Title: Geomatics Market Segment Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: New Leica HDS Software Products Released

Post by Mark Francis »

Hi Steve,

In your screenshot you are missing one zero in the article number. It should be six digits as 850000. Please try again with your six digit serial number too.

The public user mention was I logged into myWorld as you would rather than my internal Leica intranet myWorld access.

I can’t help with the connection error I’m afraid so best you reach out to your local HDS technical support who are in your time zone and will get you working.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Mark Francis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 pm Hi Steve,

In your screenshot you are missing one zero in the article number. It should be six digits as 850000. Please try again with your six digit serial number too.

The public user mention was I logged into myWorld as you would rather than my internal Leica intranet myWorld access.

I can’t help with the connection error I’m afraid so best you reach out to your local HDS technical support who are in your time zone and will get you working.
Thanks Mark, it seemed to work. On your previous post you left out that same zero- I was just going by your info

"Hi Steve,

I have logged in to myWorld as a public user and am able to register as myProduct a BLK360 using article number 85000 and serial number. The BLK360 Data Manager, release notes and quick start guide are found under the Tools tab.

If you have any difficulty with this you can also download the abovementioned files from https://leica-geosystems.com/products/l ... ca-cyclone - expand the Software section"
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

gsisman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Mark Francis wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:58 pm Hi Steve,

Thanks Mark, it seemed to work. On your previous post you left out that same zero- I was just going by your info

"Hi Steve,

I have logged in to myWorld as a public user and am able to register as myProduct a BLK360 using article number 85000 and serial number. The BLK360 Data Manager, release notes and quick start guide are found under the Tools tab.

If you have any difficulty with this you can also download the abovementioned files from https://leica-geosystems.com/products/l ... ca-cyclone - expand the Software section"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mark,

After my BLK360 got registered on MyWorld- NOW I can see all the software and firmware items.
Which brings up another question. I see there is a brand spanking new Firmware update (v1.1.6) from two days ago 1-09-2018
Might this solve our connection problem to BLK360 Data Manager?
Are there any release notes on this firmware that might indicate what it improves?
----- Internal normal phot resolution? (The resolution of even the normal 15mp camera within ReCAP Pro is very poor)
-----Internal IMU function that could speed up registration in the field
------- Recap Pro Mobile seems to allow only visualization of the in-cloud scan Photos and not the actual scan cloud (3D view in ReCAP Pro desktop)
------ReCAP pro mobile should be labeled Recap Mobile (the functionality is the same basically besides stitching photos together and tehering them to a
cloud skin so you can measure on the photo. Unfortunately the photos are not clear enough to zoom in and get precise points in Recap Pro Mobile
(Yes we have the latest version that is supposed to support the HDR images of v1.1.3 firmware)
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by gsisman »

OK, I just downloaded the supposed v1.4.1 Cyclone Register 360 and It seems like it is still v1.4.0
When it is loaded and I go into the INFO on the software version it says v1.4.0 r9113 (see image)

Has anyone yet used BLK360 Data Manager to actually download data from the BLK to a desktop folder.
We bought a mini-WIFI connection for the workstation but cannot get it to recognize the BLK360 on any desktop WIFI port (although we pick up the internal WIFI )
If you have done it successfully, what WIFI device or card were you using?
Have no trouble on a lap-top and we've been messing with this for multiple hours so far...

So..... I am so confused.
Can you say OBFUSCATE?

ob·fus·cate
ˈäbfəˌskāt
verb
gerund or present participle: obfuscating
render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
"the spelling changes will deform some familiar words and obfuscate their etymological origins"
synonyms: obscure, confuse, make unclear, blur, muddle, complicate, overcomplicate, muddy, cloud, befog
"mere rationalizations to obfuscate rather than clarify the real issue"
bewilder (someone).
"it is more likely to obfuscate people than enlighten them"
synonyms: bewilder, mystify, puzzle, perplex, confuse, baffle, confound, bemuse, befuddle, nonplus; informalflummox
"her work became more and more obfuscated by mathematics and jargon"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://www.dropbox.com/s/61wj38rwrhr2a ... 9.png?dl=0
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

You should uninstall the old version, reboot and try again. I have installed the version you have and it shows 1.4.1 r10177.

With regards you BLK360 download issue, I am simply using my in-built wifi card, with no issues.

Some of the devs use an Edimax Ac-1200 wireless dongle.

http://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandis ... -7822uac/
I hope this helps.
dmillc
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: DMI LLC
Company Details: DMI
Company Position Title: 3D Laser Scanner

Post by dmillc »

gsisman wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 pm OK, I just downloaded the supposed v1.4.1 Cyclone Register 360 and It seems like it is still v1.4.0
When it is loaded and I go into the INFO on the software version it says v1.4.0 r9113 (see image)
Having this same issue - downloaded from https://leica-geosystems.com/en-us/prod ... gister-360 on 1/15/18 and it seems to still be the 1.4.0 version. See attached image.
register360screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe

Post by pburrows145 »

https://leica-geosystems.com/products/l ... a-cyclone

The global English site has the right version it seems on the above page - some other pages are showing the right label, but the download link is wrong (apologies).

I am chasing the web team to update the US site and the various other erroneous links now.

Please let me know if the above link does not work. Navigate to the "software" section and expand it.
tomii7
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Tomasz Gerlich
Company Details: OutPut Precision Ltd
Company Position Title: Director
Skype Name: tomek.gerlich

Post by tomii7 »

ooo I haven't been for ages on the laser scanning forum.
That's a massive uopdate for cyclone reg. 360
-----
Best Regards,
Tomasz Gerlich

tomaszgerlich[at]outputprecision.com or tomaszgerlich[at]gmail.com
+44 7756613300

www.outputprecision.com - Reality Capture
www.realitycapture3d.com - Matterport

OutPut Precision Ltd, Manchester, UK

Return to “Leica Geosystems”