Cupix Webinar - Photogrammetry-based tours from 360° Photos (Web-Based Software)

3DUserNet, Cintoo, GeoSignum Pointer, Pillr, Pointbox, Pointerra, Pointly, PointSharePlus, Pythagoras, Potree, Vercator, WebShareCloud, Etc.
scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Scott Anderson
Company Details: Cupix Inc
Company Position Title: Director of Sales
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Cupix Webinar - Photogrammetry-based tours from 360° Photos (Web-Based Software)

Post by scott_cupix »

Cupix will host as webinar on Friday 11/3 at two times. Cupix is web-based software will map (non-GPS located) 360° photos and create 3D models automatically. Cupix features automatic inter-photo feature matching, pose calculation and point cloud creation. The software provides a 3D virtual tour (similar to Google Street View) along with a 3D mesh (textured OBJ) and 3D Point Cloud (PLY format).

Homepage: www.cupix.com
Reference Article: https://www.spar3d.com/news/software/cu ... ost-power/

The webinar will provide an overview of Cupix and highlight features from a recent update.

Webinar Recording

youtu.be/Dw-7WyEQJ9w

_
Last edited by scott_cupix on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Attreyu
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Dragos Ioan Coste
Company Details: 3Deva
Company Position Title: Founder

Re: Cupix Webinar - Photogrammetry-based tours from 360° Photos (Web-Based Software)

Post by Attreyu »

Hi Scott,

Maybe you can share more on the 3D part of the process, or on the photogrammetry component.

I'm asking since there's no 3D model anywhere, it's just a stitching of 360 photos - no textured mesh, no point-cloud, and the VR mode is not parallax-diferentiated, as in there's no depth being perceived, since the side-by-side view has no offset between the left and the right images.

Maybe I'm missing something ?

Thanks,
www.3deva.com - Digitalisation, Pointcloud to Mesh conversions, Virtual Reality
scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Re: Cupix Webinar - Photogrammetry-based tours from 360° Photos (Web-Based Software)

Post by scott_cupix »

Hi Attreyu,

Thanks for asking this question. Yes, the software will process any set of 360°photo uploaded to Cupix and both automatically 3D map the photos and automatically create a 3D model (not exaggerating). Plus, an automatically generated floor plan is produced with wall line segments that can be easily traced or used stand-alone.

We'll support any standard 360°format photo (equirectangular) which virtually every 360° camera creates in an instant once you trigger the shutter.

Thanks
Scott

_
Last edited by scott_cupix on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attreyu
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Dragos Ioan Coste
Company Details: 3Deva
Company Position Title: Founder

Post by Attreyu »

Hi Scott - so, where is the 3d model ?
www.3deva.com - Digitalisation, Pointcloud to Mesh conversions, Virtual Reality
scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by scott_cupix »

Hi Attreyu,

The 3D model is created by Cupix automatically when you upload 360° photos. The model can be view in the online editor and also available for download there. Measurements are available and you can scale the model (appropriate since photogrammetry is involved). This process is automatic as outlined in the webinar here posted above.

You can see a couple of examples of 3D model here:
For an example of a **live** example of a walk through with 3D data, you might want to create an account to access the 3D sample data or upload your own 360° photos to create your own 3D model: Scott

scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by scott_cupix »

Attreyu,

We've recently made it easier to download the mesh and point cloud. When you create a tour, you can find the download button for every section you create. Sections are used to group photos for photogrammetry calculation. You would create one new section per floor of a building.

To download point cloud or mesh, goto: Tour > Overview > Download.

You'll get an email with a link to PLY and OBJ of the point cloud. You can open up the 3D model anywhere you'd like.

steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

Does it create Google Street View ready content/files?
scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by scott_cupix »

Steve,
You can underlay Google imagery (or any aerial imagery or drawing) to create the tour. Similar to what's shown below:

EDITOR

The main benefit of Cupix in general is that the inter-photo relationships are automatically calculated, so it's very easy to place the photos a top aerial or GIS imagery. Here's a link to the actual published Cupix tour pictured above (captured about 2 weeks ago in November). The total effort here was about 10 minutes in the field with a Ricoh Theta V and a smart-phone plus about 10 minutes in the Cupix web-app. All the formatting, screen-grabs, descriptive writing and text decoration in this post took about 2x more effort to create the tour. Cupix cloud processing to auto-map photo locations took about 2 hours for this set of photos.

PLAY TOURCupix Published Tour -- CATALINA ISLAND AVALON CA USA
(You View on any browser, mobile device or VR headset.)

When we have a straight-through integration to GSV I'll post an update, or you can signup for Cupix account or follow us on FB or LI / Social Media to receive the newsletter and get updates.
steves01x
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Smith
Company Details: Scanning
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by steves01x »

Yes but can i add that exported file to Google and work towards getting the approved Street View trusted photographer?
scott_cupix
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts

Post by scott_cupix »

Hi Steve. Not at this time. I will post when we have that support available.

Return to “Web Based Software”