I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Bart Vansteelandt
Company Details: Digital Creations Agency
Company Position Title: Owner

Faro focus image quality- automatic colorisation

Post by Bartoloman »

Hello everyone,

We're experimenting with our Faro Focus S150. We were wondering how we could enhance the colorisation of the pointclouds created in HDR mode. There still not as good as the 4K imagery of nowadays and it would be great of we could combine the accuracy of the scans with the level 4k image quality.
I know there's an app in Scene that enables you to combine the Faro scans with imagery of the Istar camera (Nctech), but we're still not convinced about the quality.
Is there anyone who has other suggestions the solve our problem, this would be much appreciated. Now, we're a bit stuck. It's a pity that the Faro imagery of the latest focus S (50K) scanners lacks this quality. If it would then it would be a great plus for the product.

Many thanks in advance,

Bart
3DForensics
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Full Name: Eugene Liscio
Company Details: AI2-3D Forensics
Skype Name: eliscio

Re: Faro focus image quality- automatic colorisation

Post by 3DForensics »

well, it is a bit of work and you will not get a perfect pixel match but you can take any high quality DSLR and make a massive spherical image using any commercially available system. Once you have the panoramic image, you can mark and reference points and fit the image to the scan to recolor.

Keep in mind that lower resolution scans don't appear to have full resolution even though the original images and resolution can be maintained for the panoramic image. (That is, if you just want the panoramic images). Nonetheless, we are dealing with a "scanner camera" and not anything like a $5k DSLR camera. So, you if you want to extract a higher resolution panoramic image, this is possible. However, if you are looking at the quality of the image itself, then you may be better off going with another system that you feel has the best quality for your needs. The process of stitching spherical images is a pain so be forewarned!

Regards,

Eugene
Bartoloman
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Bart Vansteelandt
Company Details: Digital Creations Agency

Re: Faro focus image quality- automatic colorisation

Post by Bartoloman »

Thanks, for the quick response !!

Return to “FARO”