LC fans

Discuss Z+F Laser Control software here.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: LC fans

Post by dhirota »

Here is an over view of the Z+F 5010C internal camera, I-Cam function, as described to me by a Z+F person.

"The integrated camera takes a series of (5 to 9) images with different exposure times at each camera position.
Our LRC HDR processing software automatically combines the different exposure times in order to obtain the final HDR image. However, we do not generate the full HDR (96Bit) image, but only the already tone-mapped image.

This is not only because of the full HDR image size, but mainly because a full HDR image can’t be displayed on a regular PC screen - it has to be adapted to the intensity region of interest prior to viewing.

Therefore we don’t provide a full HDR (96Bit) image."
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
Andrej
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrej
Company Details: Meixner Vermessung and Freelancer
Company Position Title: Project Manager

Post by Andrej »

Hi

With all the positive LC feedback I have organized a trail license for a couple of days.

There can I find training / work flow marital so I can get the most out of this trail? I will properly test LC on the Weekend or after hours - is anyone in Australia who I could contact if questions?

Thanks
hypsometric
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Arash Yaghoubi
Company Details: Hypsometric
Company Position Title: Director of Cartography
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by hypsometric »

Andrej,

call or email me if you get stuck...

Ricardo,

Scantra is the only targetless registration system that has loop closure until next year when RECAP will have cloud to cloud loop closure... however as usual RECAP will crash bc its GUI loves to bug out.

All,

Does anyone know if LC was the first software to create and impliment the "top view" interface that Faro just copied? or did LC copy from someone else?

Jed,

Just some term I made up to explain what Dennis so thoughtfully posted traverses are elegant and bare-bones just like the HDR in LC... however you can hack the system if you wanted by forcing LC to create several exposures of 360 images and then using photoshops merge to HDR pro tool. I will see if one of my clients will let me send a color scan to the board to show you.

All,

I dont feel alone on the forum any longer... thank you all. Also, the coolest think about LC is its developers... these guys are so cool. Live long Franz.
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer

Post by richard_m »

HI,

hmmm, this thread has got me playing with our LC with interest.

Here's a thing, it is possible to hack-around to be able to export _color.jpg files from our 5010c's that are a higher resolution than would normally be produced when "colorizing" scans? I've read on here that this can be done in Scene but can it be done in LC as well? :? It would be nice for asset-recording to be able to produce fast scans yet top-resolution images.

Richard.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

My current understanding of image resolution using the Z+F 5010C is the resolution of 20K X 10K using super high is the practical useful limit. I will be talking with some folks at Intergeo to see if one can use a lower scan resolution (meaning faster scan time) with higher image capture resolution and export to 96-bit EXR files.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
hypsometric
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Arash Yaghoubi
Company Details: Hypsometric
Company Position Title: Director of Cartography
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by hypsometric »

Richard i think its possible but what we should do is request a doctored blank scan (sphere) bc the picture output of LC is governed by the points it lands on... so the pictures can be distorted by the point alignment. guess we have to wait 2 weeks to ask... however you are adding wear and tear for little gain and alot of lifting and hauling...
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Intergeo 2015 closed yesterday, Sept 17 and I had 5 days to discuss with Z+F staff, improvements to LC.

1. Ability to generate a low or medium resolution scan with a high or super-high resolution HDR image. The impression that resulted from the discussion, that something like this would be included in the next release of LC.

2. Ability to save the original 5, 7, 9, or 11 images for each of the 42 image capture positions that are produced when generating the HDR image. These images do not appear to be saved after they are tone-mapped down from 96 bits to the 32 bits and merged with the laser scans. The impression of the discussion was that it is possible to accomplish, but LC users will probably see it next year as opposed to the next release of LC.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
LCrespo
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: LUIS GINES CRESPO PAREDES
Company Details: Freelance
Company Position Title: Lead HDS Project
Skype Name: crespo691

Post by LCrespo »

Hi everyone. :roll:

One question. I´ve license LC v. 4.8, Can I update to recent version?

I could work it without problems ?

Best Regards to all
Luis Crespo :arrow:
Engineer of HDS Projects
mail: [email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

Andrej:

I received your message, but I cannot respond to it by LSF. Please send me your contact information to my gmail.com email.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by dhirota »

The last time I spoke to some of my Z+F friends of Germany was at Intergeo 2015 in September, 2015. We discussed the ability of LC to process scans at low resolution and create HDR images at high pixel counts.

Here at SPAR2016, I found out from my Z+F friends, that this should happen in the next release of LC in the next month or two.

This should help with many applications that we are looking forward to implement.
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]

Return to “Z+F Laser Control”