Measurement tools withautocad or other software architecture

Discuss all Construction & Architecture related issues here.
Paula
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Paola Veronica Monsalve Obrequ
Company Details: Globe Sh Laser Scanning Company
Company Position Title: 3D Modeler
Skype Name: lenoxmo
Linkedin Profile: No

Measurement tools withautocad or other software architecture

Post by Paula »

Hi Guys, :!:
I have a question about AutoCAD or any software I can import what I want in autocad, and is a little complicated to explain, so I will try to be as simple as possible, and am a newbie in laser scanning so am sorry about my non technical explanation.
I have a project in point cloud with two circles in which is necessary to measure the deviation between them , and the measurement between the two circles that is around 71.19, 69.6,70.2, 69.7,69.9 cm etc… ( the point cloud between one and the other line) , and I need a program who can help me with something like a little database of the whole measurement between all the points of the two lines and the distance between those lines, like which is the wide distance , the shortest distance, and show with colors and with graphical information as graphics for example.

Am sure this software should exist because when in a building for example when is going to collapse, clients, I suppose they need to know certainly which is the mathematical deviation between graphical information and different points of that 3D graphical information , faces , vertices, points , lines of the 3d model etc.. so they can somehow fix that with the engineering’s. A program who could shows with red the shortest distance and with blue the most far distance between the two points will be ideal.
What I really concern is that if this program exists, and if there is any possibility to import that data into AutoCAD like is the most used program.
Can you help me? If you are not sure if the software that you have in mind can be usefull for me drop me a line anyway :)
Kindest regards to all of you

Lenoxmo
Phill
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Phillip Nixon
Company Details: SKM
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Re: Measurement tools withautocad or other software architec

Post by Phill »

Paula

Ok, I cant quite understand what you are trying to do, but here is an autocad lisp file that might help. I am not going to edit the lisp, but it may give you a start.

The steps to use the program are
1. Open the lisp file in notepad and do a find replace of 0.73 with the radius you wish to check to and save
2. Load the lisp file into autocad
3. Type CMM
4. Select a 3d polyline that represents the as built of circle
5. Click the center of the nomial (design) circle
6. The program will then check every vertex on the 3dpolyline from the center and insert a point on the min distance and max distance.

The other program in the lisp file is a labeller
The steps to use the program are
1. Open the lisp file in notepad and do a find replace of 0.73 with the radius you wish to check to and save
2. Load the lisp file into autocad
3. Type LBCMM
4. Select the 3d polyline representing the as-built of the circle
5. Click the center of the nominal (design) circle
6. The program will then take an average of the differnce in 6° sectors the circle and label the difference.

Also do a search for "unfurl" in this forum if you want to dispay a cylinder unwrapped into a plane, and contoured based on deformaiton.

Good luck

Phill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZuzanaK
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Zuzana Knotkova
Company Details: Coastway
Company Position Title: CAD Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Measurement tools withautocad or other software architec

Post by ZuzanaK »

I understand that you are trying to make some sort of deformation presentation.
I don't know what software you can use, but here is one possibility: You can model each surface in Cyclone and then measure surface deviation in Cyclone in grid fashion, then import these points into ACAD and play with them there. For similar type of work I would create surface with color bands showing the different distances between 2 original models.

Return to “Construction & Architecture”