Forced upgrade to Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS?

Discuss Leica Geosystems hardware here.
Jamesrye
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: James Rye
Company Details: Merrett Survey Limited
Company Position Title: Spatial Analyst

Re: Forced upgrade to Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS?

Post by Jamesrye »

pburrows145 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:13 am
Jamesrye wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:00 pm The classification tool looks nice, but useless unless you can export classified clouds out in a vendor neutral format like e.57
LAS works just fine or this...?
If you classify the point cloud - all you can export is a .lgs file, there is no LAS option. Its great if you're using Cyclone 3DR (which is great, and we do hire it on occasion).
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Paul Burrows
Company Details: Leica Geosystems Europe
Company Position Title: Scanning Solutions Manager - Europe
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by pburrows145 »

Jamesrye wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:46 am
Jamesrye wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:00 pm The classification tool looks nice, but useless unless you can export classified clouds out in a vendor neutral format like e.57
If you classify the point cloud - all you can export is a .lgs file, there is no LAS option. Its great if you're using Cyclone 3DR (which is great, and we do hire it on occasion).
I am going to check this for you - I thought we could push to LAS with classification data also, but perhaps this is a Q3 forthcoming feature... :?:
jvivian2
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Vivian
Company Details: Orono Design
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by jvivian2 »

pburrows145 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:18 am
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:41 am That's Leica for you.... Once you're in the environment you're screwed. They change licensing all the time from what i've seen on the forum.

I've often thought about getting a blk360g2 but these practices keep me off it.

Besides a disto and a Lino no Leica for me, not now and in the future i'm afraid.
We know, you don't like Leica... it's fine... you made your position quite clear over the years Lieven ;)
How could anyone like Leica after this extortion? 90% increase in cost for classification tools that nobody needs. I will do everything in my power to not give Leica any more money.
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

jvivian2 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:37 pm
landmeterbeuckx wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:41 am That's Leica for you.... Once you're in the environment you're screwed. They change licensing all the time from what i've seen on the forum.

I've often thought about getting a blk360g2 but these practices keep me off it.

Besides a disto and a Lino no Leica for me, not now and in the future i'm afraid.
We know, you don't like Leica... it's fine... you made your position quite clear over the years Lieven ;)
How could anyone like Leica after this extortion? 90% increase in cost for classification tools that nobody needs. I will do everything in my power to not give Leica any more money.
You can watch this video to see all the additional functions we added with the Reg360+ release:

youtu.be/H6k34nYy7mk

5tyw-tWMDscCjCmx

I hope it helps.
Quadri
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Quadri Oladigbolu
Company Details: SeflamSGL
Company Position Title: Designer

Post by Quadri »

Hi guys I have been unable to reconnect a project on the new register 360 plus. I am getting an error of "point cloud cannot be found". I have taken my time to search for the project even with the encrypted naming but It's not like there is any missing point cloud. How do I go about this
badam
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Adam Berta
Company Details: InnoScan 3D Hungary Kft
Company Position Title: unknown

Post by badam »

Quadri wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:43 am Hi guys I have been unable to reconnect a project on the new register 360 plus. I am getting an error of "point cloud cannot be found". I have taken my time to search for the project even with the encrypted naming but It's not like there is any missing point cloud. How do I go about this
was it an old cloud? maybe gsiman told us recently that it wont be able to reconnect old projects, so you need to recconnect to an old version export as raf and then it can reaopen that. but i cannot say anything, I'm not really using any of the raf, reconnect/archive never, ever.
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Your own software has a hard time rendering LAS format differently from E57 data exported......from you own software -wonder whether other vendor SW would? Don't know whether this is a design issue in REG 360 plus or is it in 3DR also? (Different SW development groups?)
pburrows145
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by pburrows145 »

gsisman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:20 pm
Your own software has a hard time rendering LAS format differently from E57 data exported......from you own software -wonder whether other vendor SW would? Don't know whether this is a design issue in REG 360 plus or is it in 3DR also? (Different SW development groups?)
You're saying LAS is not working correctly on export from REG360+?
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:51 pm
gsisman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:20 pm

You're saying LAS is not working correctly on export from REG360+?
No. when you import a unified LAS file or multiples (as would be exported from the TRK software). An LAS file imported into REG 36o plus renders differently in the workspace than an E57 imported into REG 360 plus -even from the same TRK software. v2023.1.0. It basically renders in chunks rather than totally like an E57
Martin_au
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Ankor
Company Details: Anon
Company Position Title: Surveyor

Post by Martin_au »

pburrows145 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:23 pm
jvivian2 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:37 pm

You can watch this video to see all the additional functions we added with the Reg360+ release:

youtu.be/H6k34nYy7mk

5tyw-tWMDscCjCmx

I hope it helps.
I would be very happy with fewer additional functions in exchange for less bugs and much, much, much faster bug fixing.

The bugs have cost me much more effort than the new features have improved our efficiency.

Almost 3 months now since the "unable to delete setups" in Field 360 was reported (by multiple people on this forum).

Return to “Leica Geosystems”